Findmall.com

Fisher "F" Series Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
F75 Aftermarket Coils
Posted by: virginia digger
Date: March 14, 2017 06:18PM
Was wondering what aftermarket coils you have used and would recommend. I mainly hunt CW areas but also home sites. Too many out there for me to decide......thanks in advance.

Mark

Whites V3I, Whites VX3, Whites MX Sport, Whites XLT, Whites 6000 DI Pro

Re: F75 Aftermarket Coils
Posted by: fjs440
Date: March 15, 2017 07:48AM
I personally think you will not find much difference in similarly sized coils, as long as they are a well known brand name.

I like my NEL coils (Snake and Hunter) and people seem to like the NEL Sharpshooter. I like their price and how they work.

If I were you, I would look for the size coil you want from a known company and has the lowest price.

Fisher F70 w/Fisher 11” DD and NEL Snake Coil
Fisher 1280-X w/8” Coil
Fisher F2 w/4”, 8” and NEL Hunter Coil
Makro Pointer
Killer B Stinger Headphones

Posted by: nalc472
Date: March 15, 2017 11:18AM
All around coil. NEL Tornado. YOu will find all the CW stuff you can handle.

Posted by: MI-AuAg
Date: March 15, 2017 02:15PM
fjs440
I personally think you will not find much difference in similarly sized coils, as long as they are a well known brand name.

I like my NEL coils (Snake and Hunter) and people seem to like the NEL Sharpshooter. I like their price and how they work.

If I were you, I would look for the size coil you want from a known company and has the lowest price.

Fisher F70 w/Fisher 11” DD and NEL Snake Coil
Fisher 1280-X w/8” Coil
Fisher F2 w/4”, 8” and NEL Hunter Coil
Makro Pointer
Killer B Stinger Headphones

I agree with everything you said fjs440.

The exceptional value, in terms of price/performance, tilted the scales in favor of the NEL Snake coil for my F75. Generally speaking, IMO among established brands there isn't a great deal of performance difference in coils of similar size.

Posted by: jim tn
Date: March 15, 2017 07:45PM
Unless you want to go bigger then the stock 11" for maybe a little more depth, the F 75 has a great assortment of smaller sizes that really are as good or better then any of the after market coils of similar size. HH jim tn

Posted by: markg
Date: March 16, 2017 10:47AM
Concur Jim tn

Posted by: Jackpine Savage
Date: March 17, 2017 04:24AM
I have used the Nel Tornado and was not particularly impressed with any increase in depth. The extra weight is not much of a problem but it does throw the balance off a bit compared to the stock 11". Having used the Mars 10x13" Tiger coil on a couple of other detectors and being impressed with its depth, good separation ability and lighter weight, I'll probably be picking one up for my F75.

Tom

Save the Concentrics

Minelab Advantage, G2, Omega 8500, X-Terra 705, F75 DST and a Fisher ID Edge

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login