Findmall.com

Fisher "F" Series Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: F70 users! My Brother Gave me A Homework Assignment
Posted by: REVIER
Date: June 04, 2017 03:59AM
Yes, three brothers, I get them mixed up.
All I know is they are in W.Va, they probably talk funny and at least one if them lives to make up charts.

"What if doing the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?”
F70, F2, Compadre, Mojave, Judge2 - 2017....Clad, 15 silver targets including a freaking Barber quarter, a beautiful walker and 4 V nickels...
Plus other cool stuff.

Posted by: MarkCZ
Date: June 04, 2017 02:45PM
REVIER
Yes, three brothers, I get them mixed up.
All I know is they are in W.Va, they probably talk funny and at least one if them lives to make up charts.

:rofl:

WV62 is the Eldest and the chart creator, I'm the baby so I've not gain the chart creating skill yet!

Mark

Avatar, Me and my two brothers from left to right!

WV62 - MarkCZ - Still Looking 52

Posted by: hsimmons75
Date: June 13, 2017 08:12PM
I made a chart for my Teknetics Patriot, which showed very similar results to WV62's chart, but i can't upload the excel file. Any advice on how to share this chart.

Date: June 13, 2017 08:37PM
hsimmons75
I made a chart for my Teknetics Patriot, which showed very similar results to WV62's chart, but i can't upload the excel file. Any advice on how to share this chart.

You can offer to email it to people who request it!
And you can take a screen shot of it and post the image on the forum.

Mark

Posted by: WV62
Date: June 13, 2017 08:41PM
I use snips and take a screen shot of the chart and then just size it if needed to upload to the forum.

Brother MarkCZ showed me how to use snips, it was already on my PC but I never used it.

Ron in WV

Worked and lived in the Huntington West Virginia area all my life, retired 2010
US Air Force Vietnam Veteran (68-69 & 70-71)
Started getting into metal detecting around 1975

Date: June 13, 2017 09:23PM
WV62
I use snips and take a screen shot of the chart and then just size it if needed to upload to the forum.

Brother MarkCZ showed me how to use snips, it was already on my PC but I never used it.

Ron in WV

PROOF! you can teach an old dog new tricks.

Just look in your Windows accessories for "Snipping Tool"
Right click its icon and choose to create a shortcut on the desktop (I opted to put the shortcut in the task bar)

Mark

Avatar, Me and my two brothers from left to right!

WV62 - MarkCZ - Still Looking 52

Posted by: REVIER
Date: June 14, 2017 03:22AM
dfmike
MarkCZ

"dfmike" I found the below in the Teknetics T2 manual and its called "Hum Level" LoL! Seems they included it in the T2 but decided to give it another name.

T2 manualHUM LEVEL This is the same thing that some manufacturers call audio threshold. It is
adjustable from -9 to +9. For maximum ability to hear the weakest signals, adjust this
background hum level high enough so that it is barely audible while the detector is in use in
the field. To eliminate the weakest signals, adjust the hum level into the negative region,
which will allow the machine to run silently if the Sensitivity is not set too high.
The hum level changes slightly with each detent step on the Settings knob. Each number
on the hum level numeric readout corresponds to five steps.[/quote

Mark

Thanks Mark. I went on the Teknetics site and on page 11 of the T2 manual they state that the hum level or threshold is in the all metal mode. No mention of it in the disc mode like I thought. It does have a threshold control in all metal but NOT in disc. So it does appear that the F70 is the only one to have it in both modes among the 13 kHz machines. It's something I like having on the F5 and if I ever decide to try a 13 kHz machine that could sway me towards the F70.

In this thread there was some misinformation about controlling the thresh in disc on the F75, Dave J. came on after he asked John Gardiner about the programming and gave the definitive answer...on these 13kHz machines only the F70/Partiot has this ability.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,2372790,page=1

Probably a non issue, the F75/T2 are both extremely capable and can find the good stuff in disc even without this feature so it doesn't really matter.
Still, looking at this chart and seeing some of the things I have seen in the field and finding some of the things I have found using higher thresh in disc I am still awful glad I have it and can use it when I want to.

"What if doing the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?”
F70, F2, Compadre, Mojave, Judge2 - 2017....Clad, 15 silver targets including a freaking Barber quarter, a beautiful walker and 4 V nickels...
Plus other cool stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2017 03:24AM by REVIER.

Date: June 14, 2017 06:18PM
Finally got that chart uploaded. Thanks WV62 for the other charts. I had similar results, but my idea didn't transfer over in the real world. Here's the post http://www.findmall.com/read.php?58,2375024
and here is the chart for the Patriot.

Date: June 15, 2017 07:55AM
Nice chart, looks like for that coil sensitivity 45 to 50 = 11". That 11" on a silver dime is top of the line, what coil were you testing?

Now if you have a different coil to test you may not need to run all those numbers, from the above chart you should be able pick a starting point. If you do another test on a different coil what I would look for is common setup that would match your 11" settings. May keep you needing a cheat sheet of settings in your pocket. LOL

Ron in WV

Date: June 15, 2017 12:53PM
That was the 11"DD. I'm really happy with the air test depth, but as I mentioned in the other post, with the threshold at +3, I had a hard time locating some planted coins. With the threshold at-2 and the sensitivity up, I located the coins. My soil is full of nails, everywhere! My house has been here since 1870 and I'm going to have to try some of the settings to see through the trash. I'm getting ready to bite the bullet on a small coil, anyone have any recommendations? I've been considering the 5"DD or one of the small elliptical coils. I like the reviews of the 10"concentric also, but I think a sniper coils will help more right now. Thanks again for the charts Ron. Hopefully mine will help others too.

Date: June 15, 2017 08:58PM
hsimmons75
That was the 11"DD. I'm really happy with the air test depth, but as I mentioned in the other post, with the threshold at +3, I had a hard time locating some planted coins. With the threshold at-2 and the sensitivity up, I located the coins. My soil is full of nails, everywhere! My house has been here since 1870 and I'm going to have to try some of the settings to see through the trash. I'm getting ready to bite the bullet on a small coil, anyone have any recommendations? I've been considering the 5"DD or one of the small elliptical coils. I like the reviews of the 10"concentric also, but I think a sniper coils will help more right now. Thanks again for the charts Ron. Hopefully mine will help others too.

Your welcome, I vote for the little sniper coil.

HH and chart making,

Ron in WV

Posted by: Mike Hillis
Date: June 19, 2017 09:19AM
Nice Chart!
Those are lots of work.

Ever thought of adding discrimination settings to it? You would find it interesting.

HH
Mike

*****Fisher F75 LTD w/DST ***** Whites V3 ***** Teknetics G2+LTD ***** Tesoro Golden/Cleansweep combo *****Teknetics ETPro *****Teknetics Omega 8500***** Tesoro Golden Sabre II *****Tesoro Compadre *****

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login