Findmall.com

Fisher "F" Series Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
F-F-F-Farewell more F Series detectors...Glad to know ya!
Posted by: REVIER
Date: March 28, 2017 09:26PM
A dealer in another forum says he just got the word...
As of 3/31/17 the F4, F5 and the F70 are going to be discontinued.
With the Patriot F70 clone coming that is no surprise, the F4 was a very expensive F2 put in place just to fill a gap as far as I was concerned but the F5 going away I didn't see coming.
What are you knob boys gonna do now?

"What if doing the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?”
F70, F2, Compadre, Mojave, Judge2 - 2017....Clad, 13 silver targets including a freaking Barber quarter, a beautiful walker and two V nickels...
Plus other cool stuff.

Re: F-F-F-Farewell more F Series detectors...Glad to know ya!
Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: March 28, 2017 09:55PM
Stock up on 'em--that's what they're gonna do!-----They have had their "run".
REVIER
A dealer in another forum says he just got the word...
As of 3/31/17 the F4, F5 and the F70 are going to be discontinued.
With the Patriot F70 clone coming that is no surprise, the F4 was a very expensive F2 put in place just to fill a gap as far as I was concerned but the F5 going away I didn't see coming.
What are you knob boys gonna do now?

Posted by: After-1-
Date: March 29, 2017 12:04AM
What do you mean by saying "Patriot F70 clone coming" --------------I read it as there is another F70 going to hit the market----------after1----------

Date: March 29, 2017 05:13AM
The Patriot IS the F70...just changed brand names and color graphics so I expected the F70 to go bye bye.
When you can buy the Patriot for $399 with the big DD coil who is crazy enough to get an F70 at $600+ now?

From all the moves FTP is making we won't know for sure until they announce something but it seems obvious the Fisher arm of the company is making room for more and newer models of some kind.
Definitely higher end especially after the price drops on the still popular F75 flagship but who knows...maybe some new midrange models too?
They have the lower end covered with the newer F11, F22, F44 models, the F75 is still there at this point but now with this move there are some huge gaps in their lineup.
They haven't said anything to me and they are not the kind of company to announce anything till they are close to letting them loose but I was in retail for close to 30 years and companies don't generally drop flagship prices or discontinue and decimate their lines like this for no reason.
I think they are definitely working on a plan of some kind.
We will see when we will see.

F70, F2, Compadre, Mojave, Judge2 - 2017....Clad, 13 silver targets including a freaking Barber quarter, a beautiful walker and two V nickels...
Plus other cool stuff.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2017 05:38AM by REVIER.

Posted by: dan b
Date: March 29, 2017 08:25AM
The F5 was (is) a nice machine.

Current detectors:
:garrett: ATPro
Previously owned: :tesoro:, :garrett:, :fisher: , :teknetics:, :minelab:, and :whites:

Posted by: dfmike
Date: March 29, 2017 08:56AM
That leaves an important gap between the F2 (which from what I understand will continue) and the departing F4 and F5. If one doesn't want a 13 kHz machine for whatever reason they only have 1 choice as a step up from the F2 and that's the F44. They need something in that bracket to be better than the F44 and to "compete" with the Omega 8500. Perhaps Fisher has a machine in the works that will be an Omega 8500 equivalent with a different form factor ? This news gives me more reasons to hang on to my F5.

Active detectors: Fisher F5 , Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Date: March 29, 2017 09:43AM
dfmike
That leaves an important gap between the F2 (which from what I understand will continue) and the departing F4 and F5. If one doesn't want a 13 kHz machine for whatever reason they only have 1 choice as a step up from the F2 and that's the F44. They need something in that bracket to be better than the F44 and to "compete" with the Omega 8500. Perhaps Fisher has a machine in the works that will be an Omega 8500 equivalent with a different form factor ? This news gives me more reasons to hang on to my F5.

The F2 was already discontinued awhile ago.
There are still a few in the pipelines but getting that great 2 coil package value is pretty much history from what I can tell but the single units are still around with both the 8" concentric and maybe a few with the DD coil...for now.
Still good value but the F22 pretty much has taken that price point slot and the F44 is an upgraded version with even more popular features for those that prefer them.
Their spread in the entry level lower end is pretty good so I don't expect any changes there.
That does leave a big gap, there is definitely some room there but the advantage this company has is is an umbrella company with three brands under it and those brands can share technology across all platforms and they are doing that already...just look at the new generation Bounty Hunters like the LRP.
With the three brands they also have most price points covered pretty well right now and even if the F70, LRP and Euro Tek Pro are jumping to this new brand they are still around the same as always.

These gaps in the Fisher line I expect to be filled with new products that offer something different technology wise or feature rich than what already exists across their lines whatever the brands or names they want to call them.

FTP is not a company that usually sits on their behinds for very long from what I can tell or if they were I don't think they are anymore because of the changing landscape.
There are rumors of new units in the works and I am sure these people have noticed the new foreign jobs from some companies that are fast to adapt and improve and are putting out some very well thought of products.
This can't sit very well with them, I assume, losing sales to other companies might be bothering them and with the engineering talent they have behind them I think they are utilizing those guys and doing something about it.
Plus the Ameritek marketing method is brand new and I don't think this will be the only new move these guys are going to make.

I am still shocked that that much more expensive F70 is now going to be sold at the new much lower price point, that they came out with the anniversary model F75 so cheap and that $300 drop on the fully loaded F75 2 coil package was also surprising.

This is all just a starting point for them, I think...it takes time to implement new procedures, come out with good value new products that aren't just rehashed old ones, introduce new technology if possible and get it all working right...it doesn't happen all at once for any company.

Like I said if and when it will all happen it will happen but on FTP's timetable which nobody knows but them.

Plus other cool stuff.

Posted by: lytle78
Date: March 29, 2017 10:57AM
One thing about FT. They are known for quietly making minor - and not so minor - changes to the programming and hardware of their existing models to optimize their performance.

The detectors are not upgradable over the internet, but given XP's issues with their V 4 software, you can maybe see why they aren't keen to go down that road.

There are a lot of talented engineers in the factory in El Paso - they aren't cutting out paper dolls!

Rick Kempf

Date: March 29, 2017 11:56AM
dan b
The F5 was (is) a nice machine.

It still is and will always be.
Plus the tactile feel of those knobs is different than many other brands and many love that.
I love getting my knob turning experience using my Tesoros.
They will still be around on the used market, hunters will be using these things for years to come.
I have come across several hunters around here that still use vintage White's detectors and have no plans on changing unless they won't turn on anymore.
They might be technological dinosaurs but after learning and using these things for decades they have become one with them and they can still run rings around many because they know them so well.
Time marches on always, in manufacturing, especially in this hobby where many people are looking for the latest, greatest tools they can find even if they get them just a little bit more of an edge, that old saying is true...You either lead, follow or get out of the way.
I think FTP likes to think of themselves as leaders so if something is going to come along and fit in that soon to be vacant F5 slot and price point it might be pretty cool.

Plus other cool stuff.

Posted by: Bandito
Date: March 29, 2017 07:14PM
I was at Cableas last weekend and picked up an F70 from the Bargain Cave for $270 because it is being discontinued. I have only used it for about an hour but can already tell that it's going to be a fun summer!

Date: March 30, 2017 06:37AM
Bandito
I was at Cableas last weekend and picked up an F70 from the Bargain Cave for $270 because it is being discontinued. I have only used it for about an hour but can already tell that it's going to be a fun summer!

$270 new...amazing?

Search through this F Series forum for tons of info about using this one.
So many possible settings that can do remarkable things in any site...anywhere.

Plus other cool stuff.

Posted by: fjs440
Date: March 31, 2017 08:32AM
I enjoy using the knobs on my Fisher 1280-X, but I will always use my F2 or F70 when not in water

Posted by: supertraq
Date: March 31, 2017 11:05PM
To me this all points to a big,big change coming.
And no I'm not in any kinda loop,just a wild ass guess

Fisher cz 20 since 1993,,,,Fisher cz 6a,,,Tek gamma 6000,,,,Tesoro compadre,,,,Tek Eurotek pro x 2,,,Tek omega 8000,Fisher gold bug se 29er,,Fisher F75 se. Formerly waynebo,,
People look at the world by the way they themselves act...Honest peole think most people are honest...Dishonest people think most peole are dishonest.

Posted by: Zinc Penny
Date: April 02, 2017 12:49PM
I'll speculate they won't release much new. And that they will end up not being financially stable or something. Just watch.

Kinda like how tesoro sucks at manufacturing and can't keep mojaves in production and all the dealers are having issues.

Date: April 02, 2017 05:37PM
Zinc Penny
I'll speculate they won't release much new. And that they will end up not being financially stable or something. Just watch.

Kinda like how tesoro sucks at manufacturing and can't keep mojaves in production and all the dealers are having issues.

FTP is not Tesoro...a huge difference between the companies regarding amount of employees, amount of divisions and facilities.
Love Tesoro but they are like a small mom and pop business compared to most other American manufacturers.
Nothing wrong with that, there are advantages and disadvantages to being either large or small.

Mostly I believe directly comparing them is not possible because of the big difference in resources between the two.

Plus other cool stuff.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2017 05:53PM by REVIER.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login