Findmall.com

Fisher "F" Series Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: F-F-F-Farewell more F Series detectors...Glad to know ya!
Posted by: lytle78
Date: April 02, 2017 10:22PM
ZP, don't worry about First Texas products. They are doing just fine – in terms of number of units sold they are likely the largest in the world. They have a large engineering staff, state of the art production facilities capable of turning out huge quantities of product and marketing team who travel the world supporting existing markets and finding new ones.

They also have a reputation for making so many different models over their three product lines - plus house brand products for mass-market outlets – that some folks say that even FT don't know how many different models make! lol.

I suspect they're simply rationalizing their product offerings and making way for the introduction of new products at all levels. I like what I suspect that these new products will mostly be similar in performance Cortu their existing product line but offer improved packaging and user interface. Behind the faceplate I would expect that they will have improved software,more advanced components and probably offer more performance for the price than their existing models.

I'm guessing of course – but I'm basing my guesses on knowing that they have a large and extremely well trained engineering staff in the most modern production facility in the metal detector business. If you ever know Paso and you call ahead I'm sure they'd be happy to give you a tour of their existing facility. If you come a bit later – like maybe early next year – you will see your brand-new facility just down the road from their present facility in El Paso - which is under construction.

Rick Kempf

Posted by: Cal_Cobra
Date: April 03, 2017 12:17PM
The F5 was a pretty good machine, very innovative UI IMHO, blending an analog and digital feel and interface.

F4 has outlived it's life-cycle considering the multitude of better low end machines FT makes, and the F70, I know it has a huge following, but it was never that deep in my neck of the woods, which was odd as my F75 sure is. Maybe I had a bad one?

I hope they are setting the stage to release a new flagship detector platform, I know we've sure been speculating on what it'll be, and anticipating it's release for several years now, without so much of a hint from FT about their future (aside from the leaked Fisher Mosca and Fisher CZX purported leaked PPT slides). I guess my incoming Impact will have to fill the void, but I'm still hopeful that when FT releases their flagship units, they'll indeed still be in the game with something new and innovative (and at a competitive price point).

hh,
Cal

Posted by: lytle78
Date: April 03, 2017 12:28PM
Cal, like you, I am hopeful.

In addition, I know for a fact that FT has more than a dozen excellent engineers working not only on new breakthrough stuff, but continuously improving existing models.

If you ever get to El Paso, you can see it - state of the art production and distribution facilities and at the far end of the building, where the marketing and sales guys need to leave them mostly alone - that great technical talent.

Yes, I am a fan and a believer. I also respect the achievements of their competitors - American, Australian, French and now Turkish.

The benchmarks in single frequency detection set by the T2 have been challanged by "fast followers". The benchmark of multi freq. detection set by Minelab anf Fisher have only been followed by Whites - I look for great progress there from several companies.

Rick Kempf

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login