Findmall.com

Fisher "F" Series Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
ProArc
Posted by: Architex
Date: April 01, 2017 05:58PM
I looked at this model on the website. Other than the equipment that comes with it, what is the difference from the F75?

One Man's Trash...........is what I usually find.

XP Deus / CTX 3030

Where are the diamond rings?.............They said there'd be diamond rings !.

Re: ProArc
Posted by: sprchng
Date: April 01, 2017 06:27PM
That's pretty bizarre.
http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/fisher-pro-arc-metal-detector.htm

If you go to the website data sheet it shows the same display of goodies with a detector that has a different screen layout. If this is First Texas' next attempt at repackaging old tech and calling it a new introduction , they can't even get the advertising right.

http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/manuals/FisherProArc-2016.pdf

In addition , there's no data in the data sheet!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2017 06:31PM by sprchng.

Posted by: Architex
Date: April 01, 2017 06:49PM
You're right! I'm not a Fisher guy but it looks like a regular detector with a different color and a whole bunch of extra gear. :blink:

One Man's Trash...........is what I usually find.

XP Deus / CTX 3030

Where are the diamond rings?.............They said there'd be diamond rings !.

Posted by: coinhunterseth
Date: April 01, 2017 07:27PM
It appears to be a T2.

Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: April 01, 2017 08:12PM
It is April 1st

* etrac * racer 2 * mojave * eq 800 * . . and others *

1st day of detecting school . . . . . . . . . . . .

Posted by: lytle78
Date: April 01, 2017 11:00PM
I know Fisher markets heavily to the government and institutional sector - tools for cable and pipe location, leak detection and also detector packages that are ready for field use. A good bit of outreach goes along with it I believe, explaining to the Archies the value of detector surveys - as well as the value of involving and encouraging detectorists with an interest in documenting our history.

It is an F75. It is not new introduction, if you scroll to the end of the manual, you will see the copyright date is 2012 - 5 years ago.

As far as the difference in the screens - well spotted! I never would have noticed. I suspect that the ad flyer version is a revision of the one pictured in the other link and in the manual. I suspect an update of the other pages on the site plus the manual are in work.

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2017 11:22PM by lytle78.

Date: April 02, 2017 08:15AM
Just sent my crystal ball back for a refund. I asked Fisher about it. They told me it was an error. The new "sell sheet" used a T-2 faceplate instead of the F-75. THEY ARE FIXING IT.

Rick Kempf

Posted by: sprchng
Date: April 02, 2017 12:24PM
So they lower the actual detector prices down to $800 where they destroy the resale market then re introduce it with goodies they value at $600 , a price almost equal to the detector itself? That case must be lined with mink fur to be worth it!!!!!
Sometimes it's embarrassing to admit I own a Fisher.

Posted by: dfmike
Date: April 02, 2017 01:22PM
The Pro-Tech seems a lot like a G2 or Gold Bug. Same specs, same screen and buttons but different color. Higher price (at least around here).

Active detectors: Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705, Fisher F5

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: April 02, 2017 03:05PM
I am continually amazed at major companies that get it Wrong.Someone Has to sign off on something as major as a National/Worldwide ad campaign,but somehow stuff like this gets by and no one gets hammered----except the customer.

Date: April 02, 2017 10:07PM
The Pro Arc has been on the market since 2012. The new sales sheet was done in 2016. Obviously releasing it with the wrong faceplate image in the ad was a mistake.

The detector is the F 75 limited – the one with FA and boost modes. The MSRP on the F 75 limited is $1499 The MSRP on the ProArc is $1799.

Rick Kempf

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: April 03, 2017 04:22PM
The F75 Limited is ava. for around 700.00--down from the 1499.00

Its aimed at the commercial market..
Posted by: vlad
Date: April 07, 2017 05:45PM
Garrett has a whole line of CSI aimed at law enforcement. Whites had models that were based on hobby units
but slanted toward the commercial market too.

Posted by: amberjack
Date: April 07, 2017 10:32PM
I see at least 3 reasons why they are changing all their detectors looks.

1. To distance themselves from the Chinese fakes (Fishers are the most faked detectors by a long way)

2. the detector market is in or heading for a big slow down (price drops)

3. Buying themselves some time till the new detectors are released ( they have some top techs there sure they are not sitting around sipping Tea all day)

4. add your own here.

AJ

I think the techs are sipping tea....
Posted by: vlad
Date: April 08, 2017 12:55AM
....in China, waiting for the new Fisher models to come out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login