Findmall.com

Fisher "F" Series Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Coils
Posted by: turkey4
Date: April 15, 2017 11:40AM
Could someone explain to me if there's any difference between a double d solid elliptical coil and a did coil. It seems that the Double D electrical coil on my f 19 does not work as very well when using the Heel To Toe method for pinpointingpinpointing.

Re: Coils
Posted by: dfmike
Date: April 15, 2017 07:45PM
I wish I could help but don't really understand your question. Do you mean solid DD (as in no empty spaces in it) like the stock 5 X 10 the F19 comes with ? I've never used the stock Fisher 5 X 10 football DD coil on my F19 or on any other detector so I can't speak for it. Pin pointing on the F19 has never been an issue for me with any coils I have used. The only coil that I find a little more tricky to pin point with is the Detech Ultimate but its still not really an issue. The Fisher 11 DD is particularly precise.

Usually there is a point on a coil where the target will lie when pin pointing. I don't know what that point is on the Fisher 5 X 10. On the 11 DD, it's a small circular indent in the plastic just in from of where the shaft ends. That indent is like a bulls eye. Target right underneath give or take an inch on all sides.

Active detectors: Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705, Fisher F5

Posted by: turkey4
Date: April 17, 2017 05:35PM
Yes that is exactly what I meant I think I figured it out it's about a quarter of an inch in front of the stem

Posted by: dfmike
Date: April 17, 2017 06:31PM
I've never had the 5 X 10 coil but maybe there is a mark on it somewhere like the 11" DD. I placed a small orange colored circular sticker that is the same size as the indent in the 11 DD (I think I got those stickers at walmart in the school supplies).

Active detectors: Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705, Fisher F5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login