Findmall.com

Fisher "F" Series Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Getting a Nel Sharpshooter coil...
Posted by: REVIER
Date: April 22, 2017 06:51PM
I never thought about the 5X10", not a ton of vids out here on that one but many on the sharpshooter with owners mostly saying they love it.
I have friends that use after market coils, Nels, one an SEF, I just wanted to try one and see what I can do with it in my dirt.
Also peer pressure.

"What if doing the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?”
F70, F2, Compadre, Mojave, Judge2 - 2017....Clad, 15 silver targets including a freaking Barber quarter, a beautiful walker and 4 V nickels...
Plus other cool stuff.

Posted by: jim tn
Date: April 22, 2017 07:14PM
I use the 5 x 10 on my F 75 and I like it as well as the Sharpshooter on my other detectors. Maybe even a little better. HH jim tn

Date: April 25, 2017 07:22AM
Took it out yesterday, I will write up a review later but we are going to get along just fine.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?91,2364360

First hunt, almost immediately on one of the first signals I decided to dig in an area I must have scoured a hundred times I found silver.
Really, really tiny silver....half of a broken tennis racket charm.

F70, F2, Compadre, Mojave, Judge2 - 2017....Clad, 15 silver targets including a freaking Barber quarter, a beautiful walker and 4 V nickels...
Plus other cool stuff.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2017 07:24AM by REVIER.

Have you looked at the MARS Sniper?
Posted by: vlad
Date: April 25, 2017 08:23PM
Re: Have you looked at the MARS Sniper?
Date: April 26, 2017 05:19AM
All kinds of coils out there but I was trading with a dealer and he only had Fisher and Nel products.
This one will work fine, very happy with it.
Comparing it to my Fisher 5" it seems to hit all the marks, great separation, depth, sensitivity.
An extra bonus is, and this was something I was hoping for...it seems quieter than my Fisher coils.
Everything works as far as settings around here but for hunting in iron, something that I have an abundance of in many of my sites, the Fishers are known to have better resolution at depth around that stuff on higher gain, not low.
That high beam headlights in the fog theory...the opposite when you use these tools.
I can turn up the heat a little more with this one, both the sense and thresh, and it seems to be surprisingly quiet.
A great advantage for hunting around here, I hope.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4qOnUxoO0v8&feature=youtu.be

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XjTTcM7RnmY&feature=youtu.be

Plus other cool stuff.

Posted by: James/Texas
Date: April 27, 2017 08:58AM
I have the Sharpshooter coil on my F75 and My F19. I really do like this coil! It is big enough for a large field and small enough for a tot lot. Separation is great, depth for me is not that important as I hunt newer, trashy parks, but depth does seem good. Pinpointing is a breeze by wiggling the coil over the target while slowly bringing the coil backwards and as soon as the target disappears, the target will be right in the center of the very front of the coil. The best thing is the coil seems to handle emi better than the stock coils on the F75. The F19 is a very quiet detector, even with the stock coil, but the Sharpshooter has not been removed since I first put it on. I have 3 factory coils for the F75 and they sit in the corner, gathering dust. Yes, I love the Sharpshooter coils!

Xp Deus

Fisher F75 DST

Fisher F19

Whites MX5

Minelab GoFind40

Posted by: Rob in (Ca)
Date: May 03, 2017 03:59PM
Can Not beat the Sharpshooter for Coin & Jewelry, sensitive to small Targets, Also you still get good Ground coverage and Pinpoints great also.

Jewelry Hunting The Sports fields & Beach's here in Long Beach ca,

Posted by: rob.ream258
Date: May 05, 2017 07:04PM
The NEL coil ROCKS - put mine on the F75 about 2 years ago and it never came off - it acts like a big coil and sharpshooter - it's also lighter than the stock coil so you need to learn a new swing - I'm glad that so many have been expressing their thoughts for "the man" that continuously teaches us about our own machines... glad we can give back!!!! I'm keeping my other coils only for backups just in case the NEL breaks in my many travels.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login