Findmall.com

Fisher "F" Series Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
New Patriot?
Posted by: JJames1610
Date: April 30, 2017 02:30PM
Without me having to call the factory, does any one know if the new Patriot comes with DST?
If anyone has one already what do you think of it? Thanks

Re: New Patriot?
Posted by: REVIER
Date: April 30, 2017 05:03PM
No.
They might have done some extra shielding during manufacturing, FTP does tweaks on models here and there and doesn't say anything about it, but I don't even know if they did that at all.
Everyone says it is an F70 and from the few vids I have seen it appears to be just that...and the F70 has no DST.
Which is fine btw...in my opinion it is not needed.

"What if doing the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?”
F70, F2, Compadre, Mojave, Judge2 - 2017....Clad, 15 silver targets including a freaking Barber quarter, a beautiful walker and 4 V nickels...
Plus other cool stuff.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2017 05:07PM by REVIER.

Posted by: woody
Date: April 30, 2017 08:42PM
Has FT started shipping yet?

Posted by: lytle78
Date: April 30, 2017 10:36PM
Yes, they are shipping the Patriot - probably the other two as well.

PM me for a discount code or ask your friendly dealer for one.

Rick Kempf

Posted by: JJames1610
Date: May 01, 2017 01:28PM
Thanks Riv, it would be assume to crank that babe up and still be quit. I know that they are good anyways. But i would like to try it.

Date: May 01, 2017 02:28PM
Plenty in the past have cranked up the F70/F75 in the past, pre DST, thinking that is the only way they would get deep...then sold them almost immediately because for them they became unmanageable.
Knocked them forever after that, also.
Then other Fisher guys bought them, turned them down to logical, saner levels, made them quiet and they still got deep and were extremely happy.
I once hit a measured 5" dime once with my sense on 19, SL speed and negative thresh...dead silent except for the dime tone.
I could lift the coil a few inches higher over the soil and still hit it solid.
I raised the sense up 10 to 30 and I could raise the coil even more, by the time I hit 40 I was a good 11" over the target, an air gap of 6" and 5" in the ground, then I dug the dime.
That one proved it to me and I could finally wrap my head around how deep these things can be on low gain.
Many more experiences after that, too.

I don't always hunt quietly because I learned not to but if and when I do i have full confidence I can find the good stuff on any settings

F70, F2, Compadre, Mojave, Judge2 - 2017....Clad, 15 silver targets including a freaking Barber quarter, a beautiful walker and 4 V nickels...
Plus other cool stuff.

Revier
Posted by: Elton
Date: May 01, 2017 06:37PM
Good sound advice...... I bought a F-75 from a person who cranked it up. Said it was the worst machine he ever owned... Snap crackle pop..etc.
and erratic. I paid about half price for it at only a couple weeks old.. One of the best machines I ever owned.

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

Re: Revier
Date: May 01, 2017 07:24PM
Elton
Good sound advice...... I bought a F-75 from a person who cranked it up. Said it was the worst machine he ever owned... Snap crackle pop..etc.
and erratic. I paid about half price for it at only a couple weeks old.. One of the best machines I ever owned.

I have read about more similar situations exactly like this than I can count.
Amazing with all the info out there on the forums about not needing to turn up the gain on these like so many others for depth that you would think more would understand.
Many don't read the forums, I guess, and I think many that do just won't believe it coming from so many other brands that are different.
It took awhile for me to believe it myself.
Their loss, our gain....which can be set low for successful, quiet hunting deep.

Plus other cool stuff.

Posted by: Quake
Date: May 03, 2017 09:13AM
No DST
I ordered one through Bart at bigboyshobbies for the wife should be here monday.
Bart's a good guy to deal with.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2017 09:13AM by Quake.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login