Findmall.com

Fisher "F" Series Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Is it just me or does anyone else feel wierd seeing these really low used resale prices on the F75 models?
Posted by: Mike Hillis
Date: May 15, 2017 03:07PM
It kind of creeps me out. :stretcher:

HH
Mike

*****Fisher F75 LTD w/DST ***** Whites V3 ***** Teknetics G2+LTD ***** Tesoro NT Golden/Cleansweep combo *****Teknetics ETPro *****

*****Teknetics Omega 8500*****Tesoro Golden Sabre II with VDI & Histograph *****Tesoro Compadre *****

Re: Is it just me or does anyone else feel wierd seeing these really low used resale prices on the F75 models?
Posted by: REVIER
Date: May 15, 2017 03:55PM
Mike Hillis
It kind of creeps me out. :stretcher:

HH
Mike

How low?

When they came out with a new Anniversary edition at $599, and many found you could get them for $499 from most dealers, I would expect that crashed the resale market on all used models pretty much.

"What if doing the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?”
F70, F2, Compadre, Mojave, Judge2 - 2017....Clad, 13 silver targets including a freaking Barber quarter, a beautiful walker and two V nickels...
Plus other cool stuff.

Re: Is it just me or does anyone else feel wierd seeing these really low used resale prices on the F75 models?
Posted by: rob.ream258
Date: May 15, 2017 07:39PM
Doesn't creep me out but it does depress me ...... my view of the dropping prices is to compete with the market. The Fisher machines for some reason aren't very popular and F75 having a price tag over $1000 it's hard to convince a buyer of the value if few people are touting the machine. If Nuggetnoggin was swinging a Fisher it would be the top machine everyone wants!

Posted by: RLOH
Date: May 16, 2017 05:58AM
Mike, I have had several F models recently and you are 100 % about having concern for their resale value. I believe the biggest problem with them holding their value is the warranty. While being very long for the original owner, they are one of the only companies to not transfer a warranty. The last two times I traded in a F model, both dealers lamented this fact. They told me they had to give them away. I would prefer a shorter warranty that would transfer if the original owner sold or traded the detector. Factor in how popular the F models are, I see the market flooded when other companies release a new detector. My two cents for what it is worth.

Posted by: markg
Date: May 16, 2017 08:04PM
Sales must really be down for 1st Texas products.
I had a dealer tell me last week, "its been weeks since anyone asked for a Fisher"
With all these new releases from other manufacturers I can see why.
Minelab
Garrett
Whites
All have released or will release a new machine shortly.

Yes Mike I now wonder what my LTD is worth.
Still a very good machine for me.

I think its just the market at work and competition is intense for $
Posted by: vlad
Date: May 17, 2017 10:17AM
There is a lot of variety out there in detectors, and new ones/versions appearing all the time-but the amount of money available to purchase is limited..
Realize something about (multiline) dealers; they can sell about anything they want, but will push what their biggest profit comes from-I speak from experience.
Buyers rely on advice from dealers-especially new buyers, and dealer recommendations have a tremendous influence.

Posted by: bigtim1973
Date: May 19, 2017 04:51PM
well they may be having a new model fixing to hit the market too. I wondered about it for a long time myself but on the bright side, it does allow people to afford one who may not have been able to normally. This has no effect on performance at all. They can lower it all they want to and I will still keep on using them.

Happy Hunting

Fisher F 75 SE Tesoro Compadre Teknetics Omega 8000

Posted by: Sonnyd
Date: May 21, 2017 08:41AM
I have the new Anniversary model for sale right now. Got it in late January or early Feb. Never found anyone that would sell one for 499, but I did find them at 599. I added the 5" coil to the package, and it was 750.00 delivered to my door... I now have it for sale, just as it came, for 425, shipped price. Been sitting like an anchor, no nibbles at all. My detectors have always sold fast, because I keep them clean and like new...but not this one. Probably last Fisher I'll buy, I just can't take losing 50% in 2-3 months. Pretty sad situation, but my Dealer warned me.....

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: May 21, 2017 05:09PM
Curious as to why you are selling it?
Sonnyd
I have the new Anniversary model for sale right now. Got it in late January or early Feb. Never found anyone that would sell one for 499, but I did find them at 599. I added the 5" coil to the package, and it was 750.00 delivered to my door... I now have it for sale, just as it came, for 425, shipped price. Been sitting like an anchor, no nibbles at all. My detectors have always sold fast, because I keep them clean and like new...but not this one. Probably last Fisher I'll buy, I just can't take losing 50% in 2-3 months. Pretty sad situation, but my Dealer warned me.....

Date: May 21, 2017 09:06PM
It's just not doing it for me. I know people love em, and I tried too, but it's just not my cup of tea. I end up using my AT Pro, and my Nokta Fors Relic or even my Tesoro Vaquero more. I've found a lot of coins the few times I used it. I find the vdi better at least to me on the AT Pro. I honestly really didn't spend a lot of time with it, I don't think the battery indicator ever moved off of full. There are machines, when you have more then one, that you look forward to using, and they get used more, and I just never really grabbed for the F75. Funny though, the day I got it, I went out to my front yard, in a house I've lived in for 45 years, that I've hunted to death, I did a quick grab, walked across the yard and in 3 swings got a Great signal. I dug down about 6" and found a 1916 Wheat penny....

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: May 22, 2017 12:36PM
That's interesting what you are saying Sonny & I can relate to it.-----The F-75 is a detector that I just never did "click" with & I tried 3 or 4 of them over the years.----There were (some) things I liked about it but the negative out weighed the positive considerably IMO.-------Anyway, I'm surely glad detector manufacturers make different makes & models for us.:smile:-----------Del
Sonnyd
It's just not doing it for me. I know people love em, and I tried too, but it's just not my cup of tea. I end up using my AT Pro, and my Nokta Fors Relic or even my Tesoro Vaquero more. I've found a lot of coins the few times I used it. I find the vdi better at least to me on the AT Pro. I honestly really didn't spend a lot of time with it, I don't think the battery indicator ever moved off of full. There are machines, when you have more then one, that you look forward to using, and they get used more, and I just never really grabbed for the F75. Funny though, the day I got it, I went out to my front yard, in a house I've lived in for 45 years, that I've hunted to death, I did a quick grab, walked across the yard and in 3 swings got a Great signal. I dug down about 6" and found a 1916 Wheat penny....

Date: May 22, 2017 01:50PM
D&P-OR
That's interesting what you are saying Sonny & I can relate to it.-----The F-75 is a detector that I just never did "click" with & I tried 3 or 4 of them over the years.----There were (some) things I liked about it but the negative out weighed the positive considerably IMO.-------Anyway, I'm surely glad detector manufacturers make different makes & models for us.:smile:-----------Del
Sonnyd

Del, I can't put my finger on it either. I'm really kind of a Fisher guy. My very first Detector was a Fisher 1210X that I bought new in 1986, and I still have it, and it still works as good as it every did. The F75 is pretty light, it's balanced ok, it's easy on batteries, and it looks, well, ok. I pick up my others and it's like, "I really like this detector" Just not so wit the F75. I agree with you, I wish there were even MORE Detectors and Models on the market, LOL. I also wish there was a shop I could go to, and say, "I've been reading about that detector there" and Be able to Rent it for a month to give it a try. It wouldn't take me nearly a month to know If I liked it or not, and then again, it might take longer on some, to give it a chance. It would be worth it to me, to pay 50 bucks to rent one for a month, to get to try them all, and not buy one, and not click with it. I've done that with cars. I'd find one I was interested in, and then go rent it for a week to see how it was. People would ask me, "You really paid 500 dollars to rent that car for a month" Id say "Yep, better then spending 30,000 and deciding I didn't like it"

Posted by: sprchng
Date: May 22, 2017 03:19PM
I have resigned myself to letting the F75ltd be the detector I hate to love:smile:
I traded the first off toward the Deus and never stopped regretting it because the 75 was so dynamic and ergonomic to use. Turns out it's better than the Deus in the swinging department but just not the one I grabbed first. So I got another, the latest , this one tuned by Tom D. , and soon found myself wondering why I got it again.

I thought Tom's sticker might give it some value added gravitas,,,,,wwrrroooonnggggg! I can't give it away for 50% under retail and trade value seems to be nil.

First Texas' warranty is part off it and so is being associated with the multitude of entry level units FT makes but it doesn't seem to be the case with Garrett and , we certainly know how many yellow boxes are in people's trunks. Too many units priced to close together with too few differences in the FT lineup.

I have been trying to get some simple parts out of the factory for two months and even though I have talked to them in person , they constantly drop the ball in getting back to me. I find Fisher to be a complete disappointment. They could come out with a detector that sends an accurate picture of the target to my phone and , at this point , I still wouldn't buy it.

Posted by: lytle78
Date: May 22, 2017 05:54PM
I didn't know that Tom D. 'tuned" F-75's.

Rick Kempf

Posted by: sprchng
Date: May 22, 2017 06:58PM
lytle78
I didn't know that Tom D. 'tuned" F-75's.

Actually , he tunes the CZs,,,,,,he "calibrates and certifies" the F75se2.
Mine is one of the two latest production units with the DST he used for his evaluation.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login