Findmall.com

Fisher "F" Series Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Is it just me or does anyone else feel wierd seeing these really low used resale prices on the F75 models?
Posted by: Welgund
Date: May 23, 2017 07:34AM
I ran into the same problem. I decided to list my F75 Ltd just because I have so many detectors and it didn't get much use. Didn't get a bite. A lot of people I think are confused of the different editions and upgrades etc. I got a lot of messages saying I was asking to much for a gold shaft F75. Even after explain it to them that I sent it in to have it fully upgraded and showed them the picture with it powered on showing LE they still said it was not worth more than 300 so I decided to just keep it. It's an awsome detector but out of all of them I own it's the one that won't even get close to what you have invested in it. Like a lot of people j have the Deus, CTX3030, Nokta Relic, AT Gold, several Tesoro's and all of them get grabbed before my F75.

Re: Is it just me or does anyone else feel wierd seeing these really low used resale prices on the F75 models?
Posted by: Sonnyd
Date: May 24, 2017 03:35PM
Welgund
I ran into the same problem. I decided to list my F75 Ltd just because I have so many detectors and it didn't get much use. Didn't get a bite. A lot of people I think are confused of the different editions and upgrades etc. I got a lot of messages saying I was asking to much for a gold shaft F75. Even after explain it to them that I sent it in to have it fully upgraded and showed them the picture with it powered on showing LE they still said it was not worth more than 300 so I decided to just keep it. It's an awsome detector but out of all of them I own it's the one that won't even get close to what you have invested in it. Like a lot of people j have the Deus, CTX3030, Nokta Relic, AT Gold, several Tesoro's and all of them get grabbed before my F75.

I hear ya.... mine is cleaned, disassembled, and boxed up even in the shipping outer sleeve....Got offered, 300 3 days ago, if I would deliver it to him 130 miles away, LOL...I thought to myself, Yeah, that's be nice, I'd take a 450 dollar loss, on a machine used about 15 hours, and then drive 260 miles round trip...LOL.

Posted by: fjs440
Date: May 24, 2017 06:56PM
I picked up my F70, with the DD coil, a few years ago for just over $300 and that included delivery. I opened the box and it looked unused. I guess the previous owner did not know how to use it or didn't wanted to bother learning how to use it. I now feel like Santa dropped off a present.

If people can pick up the Technetics Patriot for $400 and have a warranty, that is one really great deal. It's too good to pass.

Can you tell I like my F70?
Makro Pointer
Killer B Stinger Headphones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2017 06:58PM by fjs440.

Posted by: Mike Hillis
Date: May 26, 2017 08:30AM
I love mine now that DST has conquered my EMI problems. It is sweet. I figure most people that dislike it run it too hot right out of the starting gate and shoot themselves in the foot from the get go. It only has two gain settings. If high gain is two much, run it at low gain. It still goes deep even at the low gain setting. Anyway......I have no interest in selling my F75LTD. I'm mostly just commenting on the used market price.

HH
Mike

*****Fisher F75 LTD w/DST ***** Whites V3 ***** Teknetics G2+LTD ***** Tesoro Golden/Cleansweep combo *****Teknetics ETPro *****Teknetics Omega 8500***** Tesoro Golden Sabre II *****Tesoro Compadre *****

Posted by: mikey48
Date: May 28, 2017 09:03PM
I still really like my f75 ltd2 and run it most of the time. Not running too hot and tweaking gb in all metal helps smooth it out. It pulls small coins from trash very well with the sharpshooter coil. I was running it this afternoon in an open field with no emi when a thunderstorm started to move in from the south. No lightning struck nearby, and the storm passed us by, but for about 20 minutes it was near to unusable until the storm passed. Then, it was quiet as a mouse. It can be a bit fussy.

First Texas has made new buyers leery of buying anything because of their dumping and repricing, plus most are expecting some new models from them, and along with that there are all the other new machines coming from other manufacturers. I think there is a huge excess of detectors right now. There is no question that the non transferable warranty is a big deal to a buyer, worth probably about a hundred bucks of value to the buyer. It is hell for a seller. Anyone who does not know that they want to keep a fisher, probably won't buy one unless it's really cheap BECAUSE they don't think they can resell it either.

Posted by: jak135
Date: May 29, 2017 11:21AM
mikey48 - My F75LTD2 warranty is transferable.

Posted by: mikey48
Date: May 29, 2017 09:38PM
jak135
mikey48 - My F75LTD2 warranty is transferable.

I've been told, and the manual for my F75 Special Edition, purchased in June of 2016, specifically states warranty to original owner only and proof of purchase from retail seller required at time of service. If you have different information other than Fisher's warranty statement, I would love to hear about it.

Posted by: sprchng
Date: May 29, 2017 10:25PM
I think the transferable warranty was an option during the F75se upgrade only and does not apply to regular retail units beyond those upgraded. Please , someone show me I am wrong!!!

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: May 30, 2017 07:11AM
Sorry to say I think you are right.
sprchng
I think the transferable warranty was an option during the F75se upgrade only and does not apply to regular retail units beyond those upgraded. Please , someone show me I am wrong!!!

Posted by: Elton
Date: May 30, 2017 08:23AM
Ohhhhhhhhhhh ..Unless yours is the upgraded by factory..Better check that warranty transfer .. ?????????????????????

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

Posted by: sprchng
Date: May 30, 2017 09:47AM
Elton
Ohhhhhhhhhhh ..Unless yours is the upgraded by factory..Better check that warranty transfer .. ?????????????????????

Not just the factory upgrade Elton but you had to pay extra for the transferable warranty as well , it was optional for a cost around $100 or so , which means most of those with the upgrade DO NOT have the transferable warranty.

That is true..Forgot about the fee ..... My badN/T
Posted by: Elton
Date: May 30, 2017 11:42AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

Posted by: jak135
Date: May 30, 2017 01:59PM
Yes you are right. When I did the DST upgrade, I added three more years to the warranty and the warranty as a whole, remaining years plus the additional three years, became transferable.
Figured this would increase the marketability of the unit if I decided to sell.

I think it was $80 or $90 more to do this. I'm glad I did because I completely broke off the electronic housing above the grip at 5 yrs + 1 month. Best money I ever spent.

Posted by: Sonnyd
Date: June 05, 2017 01:38PM
mikey48
I still really like my f75 ltd2 and run it most of the time. Not running too hot and tweaking gb in all metal helps smooth it out. It pulls small coins from trash very well with the sharpshooter coil. I was running it this afternoon in an open field with no emi when a thunderstorm started to move in from the south. No lightning struck nearby, and the storm passed us by, but for about 20 minutes it was near to unusable until the storm passed. Then, it was quiet as a mouse. It can be a bit fussy.

First Texas has made new buyers leery of buying anything because of their dumping and repricing, plus most are expecting some new models from them, and along with that there are all the other new machines coming from other manufacturers. I think there is a huge excess of detectors right now. There is no question that the non transferable warranty is a big deal to a buyer, worth probably about a hundred bucks of value to the buyer. It is hell for a seller. Anyone who does not know that they want to keep a fisher, probably won't buy one unless it's really cheap BECAUSE they don't think they can resell it either.

I think your probably 100% correct.... maybe I'll try parting mine out. Maybe some interest in the stock coil and the 5" DD.... plus the other accessories, Like back pack, carry bag... Looks like the only option at this time..Maybe if I "accidentally" forget and leave it in my unlocked truck someone will steal it, LOL

Posted by: Rob in (Ca)
Date: June 17, 2017 09:14AM
A used Detectors (Price) is based on The (new Street price) not the (advertised price) regardless off The Manufacture.

Jewelry Hunting The Sports fields & Beach's here in Long Beach ca,

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login