Welcome! Log In Register
What machine is the TDI?
Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: July 05, 2017 12:19PM
Digger70pa
dfmike
Digger70pa
Tony N (Michigan)
Can you give some information about finding it? Was it deep? within iron nails?
I found these in a beaten camp. Lots of decomposed iron & cut nails. The deepest target was the .58" minie ball @7"-8". The rest was around 6"+7". I use a 15" Nel attack coil. It does good even as big as it is in iron. I had the v break at 40. The iron audio at 12 & the sensitivity 100. It's a good detector.

Digger, don't you wish you could push the sensitivity a little higher at times ? It's so stable at 100, it could take the extra boost for a 1-2 inch gain and a harder hit on 6+ inch targets. But then again, maybe the stability is why I like it so much. It seems sure footed at all times.[/quote Yes I could use a couple more inches of depth. Ots a very stable machine that's why I use it over my T2se. Now when I want depth & I mean real depth I break out my TDI. ]

What detector is the TDI?

Re: What machine is the TDI?
Posted by: lytle78
Date: July 05, 2017 01:09PM
Whites TDI - a pulse induction detector.

Rick Kempf

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: July 05, 2017 06:24PM
lytle78
Whites TDI - a pulse induction detector.

That whites treated like unwanted company and refused a couple mods,OFFERED FREE,that has made my TDI PRO a permanent
replacement for my 2 ML PI's.

Posted by: lytle78
Date: July 05, 2017 07:39PM
The basic concept which Eric Foster created has been studied and developed for 10 uearss by Alexandre Tartar in France - he was recently hired by First Texas (Fisher and Teknetics). We can look forward to new developments in PI technology from there.

Rick Kempf

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login