Findmall.com

Fisher "F" Series Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Fisher F75
Posted by: Shawn20w
Date: June 22, 2017 02:32PM
Somewhere I read that adjusting sensitivity also adjusts gain, below a certain number on sensitivity adjusts machine to low gain? Can't remember the magic number and am unable to locate the article

Re: Fisher F75
Posted by: REVIER
Date: June 22, 2017 02:55PM
Shawn20w
Somewhere I read that adjusting sensitivity also adjusts gain, below a certain number on sensitivity adjusts machine to low gain? Can't remember the magic number and am unable to locate the article

Below 5 and above 20 on the disc switches it to a slightly different discrimination method that is a little more sensitive...not exactly boost but it has that effect...slightly.
Pre DST disc between 5 and 20 was the quietest.

The sensitivity system also has two stages, 1-29 (low gain), and 30-99 (high gain).

"What if doing the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?”
F70, F2, Compadre, Mojave, Judge2 - 2017....Clad, 13 silver targets including a freaking Barber quarter, a beautiful walker and two V nickels...
Plus other cool stuff.

Date: June 22, 2017 03:15PM
Thank you

Posted by: WV62
Date: June 22, 2017 05:51PM
Just a side note, it is my understanding if you choose to run the F75 in the JE (Jewelry) processor you will be running High gain through all settings.

Ron in WV

Worked and lived in the Huntington West Virginia area all my life, retired 2010
US Air Force Vietnam Veteran (68-69 & 70-71)
Started getting into metal detecting around 1975

Posted by: Mike Hillis
Date: June 23, 2017 01:32PM
The F75 has two (2) Gain settings, Low and High. The break point is 29/30. Sensitivity settings 30 and higher operate ontop of the High Gain setting. Sensitivity settings 29 and below operate ontop of the Low Gain setting.

Any discrimination setting fluctuations are threshold based, not Gain based.

Dave J. has some good info in this short article.....http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/davejohnson/sensitivityanddepth.htm

HH
Mike

*****Fisher F75 LTD w/DST ***** Whites V3 ***** Teknetics G2+LTD ***** Tesoro NT Golden/Cleansweep combo *****Teknetics ETPro *****

*****Teknetics Omega 8500*****Tesoro Golden Sabre II with VDI & Histograph *****Tesoro Compadre *****

Date: June 24, 2017 03:13PM
So does threshold transfer to discrimination mode? I have read it does and doesn't? So I do not know I guess!

Date: June 24, 2017 03:53PM
Shawn20w
So does threshold transfer to discrimination mode? I have read it does and doesn't? So I do not know I guess!
Not on any F75 it doesn't.
Don't believe any post, hunter or even dealer rep that says it does.
One major dealer has reps telling people it does out there, misinformation and that is how rumors get started.

Check out Dave J's post in this thread and what he said after he asked John Gardner about this exact thing.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,2372790,page=1

Dave designed the machine, John wrote the code for the programming.

F70, F2, Compadre, Mojave, Judge2 - 2017....Clad, 13 silver targets including a freaking Barber quarter, a beautiful walker and two V nickels...
Plus other cool stuff.

Posted by: digsgti
Date: June 27, 2017 08:51AM
If you adjust the threshold in all metal the high tone in 2 tone disc will go up and down with it on the newer dst models.

Date: June 27, 2017 01:05PM
Oops

Plus other cool stuff.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2017 01:32PM by REVIER.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login