Findmall.com

Fisher "F" Series Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
F 75 with dst does it run quiet?
Posted by: Treasurechic
Date: August 04, 2017 03:27PM
I am thinking of getting the F75 but the last time I used one all the chatter drove me crazy. Does the new dst modification eliminate this? I realize sensitivity plays a part as with any machine but it seemed the F75 was noisey even with sens. Low. Please be honest as you can I don't want to purchase another angry bee hive LOL!

SAVE A LIFE! VISIT YOUR LOCAL ANIMAL SHELTER AND ADD MORE LOVE TO YOUR FAMILY!

Re: F 75 with dst does it run quiet?
Posted by: Cal_Cobra
Date: August 04, 2017 04:36PM
Yes for the most part, unless you encounter certain types of EMI.

Posted by: Rob in (Ca)
Date: August 04, 2017 07:34PM
Mine runs quiet, unless i'm over a underground electric lines, it will go nuts, but to be fare, all my other detectors will also go nuts at the same spot.

Jewelry Hunting The Sports fields & Beach's here in Long Beach ca,

Posted by: woody
Date: August 04, 2017 08:45PM
I hunt mainly farm fields and it was quiet. Sorry I sold it.

Posted by: jim tn
Date: August 05, 2017 03:05AM
I am a urban hunter for the most part and mine runs quiet. HH jim tn

Posted by: Treasurechic
Date: August 05, 2017 06:16AM
Thanks for the input

SAVE A LIFE! VISIT YOUR LOCAL ANIMAL SHELTER AND ADD MORE LOVE TO YOUR FAMILY!

Posted by: rod-pa
Date: August 05, 2017 08:34AM
it is indeed quiet. However, my favorite coil to use at this time o it is the 10" concentric, and that one is way more sensitive to EMI than the stock 11" DD. If you are using the 11 or 5 inch DD coils you will not hear much chatter unless it is strong enough EMI to mess up many other detectors. Be advised, though, that even if you cannot HEAR the emi chatter, it is probably still affecting depth to some degree, and you should be sure to check the frequencies when you find a deep target to see which is better at that site, if able to.

Posted by: MI-AuAg
Date: August 05, 2017 10:15AM
My usual routine after ground balancing, is to turn up the sensitivity as high as I want to run it, usually 90+, even if it is chattering. I then run through the frequency shift to find the quietest sub frequency, without having to reduce sensitivity.

Normally that routine allows me to run a high sensitivity setting.

Anyone considering an F75 shouldn't be concerned with EMI issues IMO. As has been mentioned, there are certain locations no matter what detector is in use, may be effected by strong EMI. Underground power lines being one of those.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2017 10:19AM by MI-AuAg.

Posted by: digsgti
Date: August 17, 2017 03:26PM
It's as good or better than any other detector I have used.

Mine is like a Submarine,
Posted by: Tony from Tidewater
Date: August 23, 2017 10:43AM
it runs quiet and goes deep :twodetecting: I just put a MARS Tiger coil on it.

"A Bird in the hand, is worth two in the bush"

I like that Tony.....F75 with DST - Run Silent, Run DeepN/T
Posted by: Mike Hillis
Date: August 23, 2017 12:51PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

*****Fisher F75 LTD w/DST ***** Whites V3 ***** Teknetics G2+LTD ***** Tesoro NT Golden/Cleansweep combo *****Teknetics ETPro *****
*****Teknetics Omega 8500*****Tesoro Golden Sabre II with VDI & Histograph *****Tesoro Compadre *****

Posted by: borderfox
Date: August 24, 2017 01:40AM
I think that both rod pa, and MI-AuAg's replys to this question have 'hit the nail' bang on. I couldn't agree more with them.

Posted by: pan4au
Date: August 24, 2017 06:24AM
I had mine update when Fisher first offered it... It didn't help mine that much. I went back to the spots where I had all the chatter before.. two of the spots are a school yard and the other is a local park... I still can't use the detector there.. They even sent a new coil with mine at the time of the upgrade. I'm glad the the upgrade worked for others.. just not for me

Tn. TH'er
Minelab E-trac
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher 1266X
Fisher F75 SE
Garrett Master Hunter 7X
Garrett Freedom II Plus
Tesoro Cibola Gound balance modded
Garrett Pro Pointer II
Modded Cen-Tech pinpointer

Posted by: MI-AuAg
Date: August 25, 2017 11:12AM
pan4au
I had mine update when Fisher first offered it... It didn't help mine that much. I went back to the spots where I had all the chatter before.. two of the spots are a school yard and the other is a local park... I still can't use the detector there.. They even sent a new coil with mine at the time of the upgrade. I'm glad the the upgrade worked for others.. just not for me

The corner lot my home is located on is slightly over 1/2 acre (.55) located within a city residential neighborhood. It is a pretty high EMI environment, as there are power lines on three sides, two facing streets, and a third running down the property line on one side to the back of my neighbors garage, plus a couple nearby transformers. I also have an underground powerline supplying power to my home.

In that high EMI environment, I can normally run my F75 in the 90-93 sensitivity range with no problems. I consider that EXCELLENT!

While operating in close proximity to my underground power supply, it obviously will get a bit yippy, but so does my CTX with it's auto sensitivity, and it's noise cancel. In some locations that's just a reality.

I believe SOME of the early retro/ DSTupgraded models had some issues. I tend to believe yours is an exception to the norm.

Posted by: lytle78
Date: August 25, 2017 11:53AM
Panfor

Have you talked to Fisher about this issue - they might be willing to help.

Rick Kempf

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login