Findmall.com

Fisher "F" Series Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
New Guy flying the F19
Posted by: grantham
Date: September 20, 2017 02:19PM
Howdy everyone. I've had the f19 about 2 weeks and have about 20hours with it.
I'd like to think I'm doing something right. Here are a couple of images.

First is a collective of multiple hunts on my property.
Ironic that I reload ammo and love to drink beer, so what do I find, mostly ammo components and a church key.
The musket is .44cal with white oxidation. Found 'bout 8in deep, looks like the oldest possible relic I have found to date.
A few of the shotty shells were manufactured around 1920.
Lastly, my first coin was a copper Lincoln. The lucky penny is now on my keychain.

Second image is the first hunt at a playground which yielded mostly trash and a little clad.
I did the inevitable, being my first park and dug all things.
My arms fell off after 6hours, but I had cleaned up dozens and dozens of tabs, can slaw, foil, tops, etc.
Anyway, I thought you more experienced hunters might enjoy the fervor and rigor of a fellow's first serious hunt.

...oh I ran the f19 on full gain, disc at 20 , v notch 40, volume 14.

Re: New Guy flying the F19
Posted by: MI-AuAg
Date: September 20, 2017 03:22PM
Congrats on your F19 grantham!

Your off to a good start. My first coin, many years ago, was a 1982 penny also, a couple ft. from the backdoor of my house. Funny how such an insignificant find monetarily, has big value memory wise. I remember it like it was yesterday.

I have been mulling over for some time, the possibility of getting a G2+, the F19's cousin from teknetics. They're solid performers!

Good hunting with your new F19!

Posted by: dfmike
Date: September 20, 2017 05:58PM
Old relics or old copper means silver is not far away. Keep at it and congrats on the F19.

Active detectors: Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705, Fisher F5

Posted by: tometusns
Date: September 20, 2017 11:05PM
The F19 is an awesome machine. Good luck with yours and HH!!

Date: September 21, 2017 02:48PM
MI-AuAg
Congrats on your F19 grantham!

Your off to a good start. My first coin, many years ago, was a 1982 penny also, a couple ft. from the backdoor of my house. Funny how such an insignificant find monetarily, has big value memory wise. I remember it like it was yesterday.

I have been mulling over for some time, the possibility of getting a G2+, the F19's cousin from teknetics. They're solid performers!

Good hunting with your new F19!

Thanks, I wasn't even sure it was a penny at first, I was thinking it was another button or washer.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the F19, learning to understand it's duck quacks. I think it is surprisingly intuitive, even for a beginner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2017 03:04PM by grantham.

Date: September 21, 2017 03:07PM
dfmike
Old relics or old copper means silver is not far away. Keep at it and congrats on the F19.

I will most definitely keep that in mind, I've read a few of your post about the f19 any intel is appreciated!

Date: September 21, 2017 03:08PM
tometusns
The F19 is an awesome machine. Good luck with yours and HH!!

And HH with yours as well!

Date: September 24, 2017 06:22AM
Just wanted to follow up. There is a button in the lower left corner of the first image of my first post. Turns out the button is a tombac button, 1700's.
This is pretty exciting considering this was from my first hunt on my property. My first colonial find and the oldest relic that I have found.

Date: September 24, 2017 10:03AM
Sweet!! Nice find!

Posted by: Skwerly
Date: November 04, 2017 11:04AM
dfmike

Absolutely. Cool!

Date: November 04, 2017 09:43PM
Cool find!! In your own yard too.☺

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login