Findmall.com

Fisher "F" Series Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Fisher F75 coil
Posted by: REVIER
Date: October 20, 2017 07:31AM
larrylwill
I won't go to anymore hunts where they use wheat pennies and yes I use a pinpointer and I turn down the sensitivity. The coins and tokens are never deeper than 2-3 inches.

On the hunts I have participated in my club planted tons of wheat cents, a couple of Indians, several Mexican cents for some reason and a whole lot of silver dimes.
Plus about 144 special tokens which were stamped with numbers, painted red and made from wheat cents.
We went for the tokens first, the silver dimes went a long way to paying off the entry fee and the rest was just busy work...but I do love to save wheat cents for some reason.

"What if doing the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?”
F70, F2, Compadre, Mojave, Judge2 - 2017....Clad, 15 silver targets including a freaking Barber quarter, a beautiful walker and 4 V nickels...
Plus other cool stuff.

Posted by: WV62
Date: October 20, 2017 07:55AM
Same here I keep all the wheat pennies I find. Not so long ago I happened to notice a odd looking penny in some change I got back from the store. I took a second look and turned it over, it was a brand new wheat penny. That is my little story for the day.

Ron in WV

Worked and lived in the Huntington West Virginia area all my life, retired 2010
US Air Force Vietnam Veteran (68-69 & 70-71)
Started getting into metal detecting around 1975

Posted by: MarkCZ
Date: October 22, 2017 09:55PM
If you know your hunting shallow at these hunts its possible that if you raise the 11" DD up (elevated about the target in the air) and hover while you pinpoint then lower the coil straight down
that you'll get a better center on the pinpoint. You should only need to elevate it maybe two to three inches.

Mark

Posted by: larrylwill
Date: October 22, 2017 10:10PM
Yes I do that but again it takes time and not always precise, Im going to use the concentric coil.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login