Findmall.com

Nautilus Detector Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Why does Nautilus,
Posted by: Jerry Ga.
Date: September 27, 2009 10:52AM
not re-activate and update their website??

They are the only manufactuer of detectors that does not maintain a website.:confused:

Re: Why does Nautilus,
Posted by: diggertwo
Date: September 27, 2009 06:41PM
THEY ARE A REAL SMALL COMPANY AND KEY PERSON MIGHT OUT OF ACTION.

DO I REALLY HAVE TO LIST ALL THAT EQUIP. IN THE CLOSET???

Posted by: UK Brian
Date: September 28, 2009 09:10AM
If your in business you have to show your wares not just rely on dealers.

Its costing them dear as I know a few who will not part with their money as they feel that no web site for all this time means the company is in trouble. Doesn't matter if it is or isn't, its that feeling of uncertainty.

Posted by: akille68
Date: September 28, 2009 05:11PM
I love my Nauty, and yes marketing is not their strong point.

Brian, I need some information on CS4PI, but Your PM box is full....

Alessandro

Posted by: forrestgump
Date: September 28, 2009 05:39PM
Nautilus (formerly Tyndall Electronics) is a small company. When I say small, I mean maybe six people. It has never marketed itself because it hasn't had to, and because it's a "niche" detector, the "niche" being relic-hunting. That's a shame in a way, because the Nautilus excells as a coin machine. As was discussed on the other board, the Nautilus is still the king of relic-hunting in good ground.

If you ever have any techinical questions about the units, you might want to call the shop directly. The staff are friendly and usually willing to chat. And while they don't have much of a website, it's one of the few places where you can talk to the owner.

Now if they could just get Jerry Tyndall back in there to develop that new circuit he's been talking about for years....

Date: September 28, 2009 05:58PM
MR GUMP I HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME WITH A ?
IN ONE OF YOUR POST , YOU SAID SOMETHING ABOUT A HI POWER
SW. ON THE OLDER DMC2Bs , CAN YOU HELP?

Sometimes It good Keep Things Small
Posted by: Reconmarine1984
Date: September 28, 2009 11:29PM
Having used Nautilus Machine since 1976, the staff is very small and keep busy to keep up with orders. The don't need any Web Site or "Public Relations" to speak for there quality, depth and performance , in good soil are unmatched in depth!!. There is Nautilus Web site but its in UK. It best call and tall to Steve, or Don at factory, there can ask any ??? you have and local Dealer. What other Metal Detrors Co. can speak to CEO who owns it. Sometimes in this World we need keep some things, small, and Simple to successful!!

Date: September 29, 2009 03:40AM
Sorry about that. I've cleared some space now.

Re the above posts the U.K. site is hardly worth bothering with, you get more information off the dealers sites in the States. Lack of advertising means that the self styled detector expert "Detector" (30 odd years experience) on the Friendly Forum said if Nautilus were any good he would have heard of them. This sort of thing does not help companies survive in todays business world. And I don't really see why large should mean a lack of service. Thinking of smaller companies where you could ring up and speak to the designer/owner, most have gone in the last few years. That leaves Nautilus and Wilson and Wilson is another brand thats been going for years thats hardly been heard of.

Date: September 29, 2009 03:40AM
Sorry about that. I've cleared some space now.

Re the above posts the U.K. site is hardly worth bothering with, you get more information off the dealers sites in the States. Lack of advertising means that the self styled detector expert "Detector" (30 odd years experience) on the Friendly Forum said if Nautilus were any good he would have heard of them. This sort of thing does not help companies survive in todays business world. And I don't really see why large should mean a lack of service. Thinking of smaller companies where you could ring up and speak to the designer/owner, most have gone in the last few years. That leaves Nautilus and Wilson and Wilson is another brand thats been going for years thats hardly been heard of.

Date: September 29, 2009 09:06PM
The early DMC2Bs had a three position power switch...hi,med,low... on the front of the control box, five knobs on the top. The transmit power knob wasn't needed because of the switch.

I think these early 2Bs were the deepest ones made, but have no technical data to back it up, only opinion. Maybe other users can comment.

Since these units were between the DMC2 and the standard 2Bs, they were almost prototypes.

Date: September 30, 2009 03:14AM
I was told they were the deepest BUT, tried one last year and it wasn't though I wonder if its down to the componants such as the pots. failing. The nearest British version of the Nautilus was the Arado 120, 120b and 130 designs and these can be really deep but more than likely if you pick one up off E-bay it will disappoint due to going off tune, coil failing etc.

Date: September 30, 2009 09:33AM
THANK YOU FORRESTGUMP FOR YOUR INFO ON DMC2B HI/POWER SW.
THE REASON FOR ME ASKING WAS, I HAVE A DMC2B THAT I BOUGHT IN
EARLY 1990. IT DOES NOT HAVE THE THREE POSITION SW. IT HAS A KNOB
THAT GOES UP TO 44.IT HAS THE OLD TYPE HANDLE. I DO NOT USE IT ANYMORE
BECAUSE OF ITS WEIGHT.

Date: September 30, 2009 05:08PM
Hello Brian,

There are a number of Nautilus "variants." The powerswitch 2B is one, the "trainwhistle" 2 another.

If you have a powerswitch model it's an old one and you may be right about age affecting performance. That said mine works as good today as it did twenty years ago. Of course I baby it and have sent it in for tuneups. It will easily hit a button at 16 inches in good, sandy soil...that's with a 10-inch coil.

I have a 120-B and have not done a side by side with the Nautilus. My sense is that the Arado is only practical on sites with little iron. I did have a friend who used one and did very well finding projectiles with it....that was surprising to me, given that the Arado was really made as a coin unit.

Date: September 30, 2009 05:15PM
You can retrofit your 2B with a White's handle and brackets. As a matter of fact the new ones offer this setup as a nocost option.

The White's setup is said to make the detector very easy on the arm. Diggers use this setup with a 15 inch coil and claim it's a big improvement over the old S and U handles.

Date: October 01, 2009 04:31PM
MY 2B STILL WORKED FINE, LAST TIME I TESTED IT . IT'S ME THAT DON'T WORK GOOD.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login