Findmall.com

Nautilus Detector Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Nautilus DMC IIb...Good deal???
Posted by: dirtdigger1581
Date: November 19, 2011 02:07PM
I have a guy willing to sell me a Nautilus DMC IIb w/ headphones for $200. I want to know if this is a good deal or not. I know they retail for about $700, but are they that good? I only have one reservation and that is that the handle curves over the control box.(See pics) If it's as good as it gets hyped up to be then I can imagine being out detecting with it for hours. I just don't see how it could be comfortable to do so with the handle configuration the way it is. Is there any way to change the control box over to a straight shaft or the "S" handle? Or is it stuck the way it is? Your help is appreciated.

Happy Hunting!

-Nate

Detectors Used: Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray probe, Minelab Excalibur II, Teknetics T2 SE, Fisher F5, Garrett AT Pro. Oldest Coin: 1621-1665 4 Maravedis Spanish Copper/1693 Silver 1 Reale Cob

Re: Nautilus DMC IIb...Good deal???
Posted by: UK Brian
Date: November 20, 2011 03:55AM
Thats the configeration used by all the major detector manufacturers for years when detectors were far heavier than today but if you want you can buy the Whites shaft with the offset handle and fit it yourself. The mounting brackets that were around seem to have disappeared but you can use short pillars to lift the shaft off the top of the control box so that you can still access the search loop balance switch and leave everything as is if you don't want to mess around to much.

I would snatch his hand off at that price if it seems to work O.K.

Posted by: Dirt Poor
Date: November 20, 2011 04:17AM
That is a good deal, for sure, especially if you convert it yourself. I would have converted mine myself, but was unsure what to do with the re-set button on the end of the handle.

Posted by: Shenandoah Digger
Date: November 22, 2011 09:32PM
That's my favorite setup with the IIb. Keep your arm straight down by your side and the weight's not a problem. That configuration makes you hunt slowly, which is a good thing.

Posted by: Dirt Poor
Date: November 23, 2011 04:02AM
Well, did you get it?

Posted by: dirtdigger1581
Date: November 25, 2011 02:20PM
Dirt Poor
Well, did you get it?

Sorry everyone for seemingly ignoring this thread I started. Forgot to click the follow topic button. Turns out I didn't respond in time to get this deal, but I did purchase another Nautilus with the Whites straight shaft. It's in excellent condition, but I had a hard time with it today. Couldn't get the left side(disc side) to stop chirping erratically in my left ear. I set up the machine as per the owners manual but had no luck with the chirping. Tried lowering the transmit power and the sensitivity, but to no avail. I posted a help topic in this forum a minute ago, so if you have any suggestions could you please help a newbie out?!? Thanks! :)

Detectors Used: Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray probe, Minelab Excalibur II, Teknetics T2 SE, Fisher F5, Garrett AT Pro. Oldest Coin: 1621-1665 4 Maravedis Spanish Copper/1693 Silver 1 Reale Cob

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login