Findmall.com

Nautilus Detector Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
...NAUTILUS LF SILVER KING.....
Posted by: Joe(TX)
Date: January 08, 2012 03:05AM
....Just got this and it looks real good...it is suppose to be about half the sensitivity of the LF Relic King...but doing some bench testing ...I really do Not see that...it may be just as powerful as the LF Relic King???!!....The instruction Manual talks about the Tone Comparison Technique...it is very interesting.......I like the older VLF/TR type detectors mainly since they involve a lot more operator manual control...also they are to me a lot easier to distinquish the sounds of a deep verus shallow targets......I have the newer grey model with the push button/retune button on the end of the U handle......Also to answer a previous post the LF was also called a DeepSeeker ....so Garrett did not have the only model with that name......Joe

Re: ...NAUTILUS LF SILVER KING.....
Posted by: husabergchuck
Date: January 09, 2012 02:01PM
joe did you buy that on ebay?

Date: January 09, 2012 06:37PM
....I call it FeeBay.....Joe

Date: January 12, 2012 05:58PM
joe i sold one on ebay thats why i asked?

Date: January 13, 2012 03:16AM
...HusabergChuck....The one that I got was missing one of the Control Dials....Not sure....but maybe I am the one who bought your detector!!??...Anyway I had one of the LF detectors a while back and really was Not that impressed with it....so I sold it!!.......I heard good reports about the Silver King....so I decided to get one......according to some old Nautilus brochures that I have...the idea of the Silver King was to work all of the old Hutch sites in the camps.....there is so much metal ...and I mean old iron nails...that it messes up a VLF/TR detector (LF) that was made to be very sensitive and mainly made to work the open fields of the battlesites where not much house rubbish would be....Now the Silver King is supposed to have about half of the sensitivity of the LF...so far I do not see that....of course I could have gotten one of the "HOT" SILVER KINGS....that is a lot more sensitive than the average Silver King and there is a possibility the the LF that I had before was either just average or maybe a bit on the poor performance side.......anyway it looks like it would be a great reliic and ghost town type detector......Joe

Date: January 13, 2012 09:11PM
yes that was mine . i bought 2ba and all ready have few md. so i hope you get some use out of it.. husabergchuck

Posted by: TellYaWhut
Date: January 16, 2012 12:14AM
I'd really like to learn more about the LF model. My Nautilus LF has a grey box, six knob, with hardwired 10.5 inch coil. Also there isn't any retune buttons anywhere. This might be a Relic King, but not sure. I'm wondering if someone can send me some user tips or access to the owners manual. Thanks

Date: January 20, 2012 02:08PM
...TELLYAWHUT....If it is a LF model....??.... and does not have the retune button....it has to be the Relic King...The Relic King was around for a while before the Silver King...not sure what year that they started putting the retune buttons on the end of the handle or on the unit....??.....The LF...Relic King and the Silver King are VLF/TR 's...that is they have dual modes not working at the same time ...one mode is used to compliment the other....Not sure where to start on Tips and basic instructions??..I will send you a PM....Joe

Posted by: TellYaWhut
Date: January 20, 2012 07:11PM
Thanks Joe(TX).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login