Findmall.com

Nautilus Detector Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Few Best Old Friends
Posted by: bigchuckinva
Date: January 12, 2014 06:38PM
Here few photos of my older Nautilus owned and dug tons relics with in late 1970s before the DMC model where made. I'm sure all hardcore long time loyal Nautilus user wish time would go back to old days when Jerry Tyndall made many "First" design for us relic hunters machines in depth and power to finds tons killer relics that other machine missed Chuck

Re: Few Best Old Friends
Posted by: garys relics
Date: January 13, 2014 08:17AM
they still look brand new,you take very go care of them. Even older machines in the hands of a Pro like yourself, will find as much as the new machines of today.The relics were there then today mostly not.Lucky for us most sites are never hunted out but what is left is deep and only a few detectors will find it. Nautilus is still one of the few. Good hunting Gary.

Posted by: filternozzle
Date: January 13, 2014 08:52AM
Great pictures Chuck, thanks for sharing.

Happy Hunting
Minelab GPX-5000 - Backup GPX-4500 with a very large selection of coils.

Posted by: HanoverDigger
Date: January 13, 2014 03:01PM
I remember those! My nephew used to hunt with the Silver King. My first Nautilus was the LF with the horseshoe handle. That detector found my first boxplate(which I still have) MANY bullets and lots of other relics. It's enjoying retirement nowadays due to all the rigorous hours of hunting. I also have the IIB collecting dust. But that's another story.

Posted by: forrestgump
Date: January 13, 2014 09:39PM
What about the MF with the old "double eagle" type bow handle? Do you know how Jerry made those handles? He bent them around a stump in his yard, giving them that distinctive shape. First were the plywood coils, and wires inside the shaft. Only coil size was 10 inch back then. Owing to when those detectors came out it's safe to say they found more CW relics than any brand/model before or since. Thanks for the post Chuck.

Old MF
Posted by: bigchuckinva
Date: January 13, 2014 10:09PM
Here very old photo of my father first Nautilus. MF. When the MF come out it best machine and killer finding deep buttons with out tons dig nails!! and found ton relics in good so called hunted site from my older machine. It was great machine and only age 7 it was "very manly' machine to use with old bow handle and end day it work but you always found lots relics !! Chuck

Re: Old MF
Posted by: filternozzle
Date: January 14, 2014 07:23AM
bigchuckinva
Here very old photo of my father first Nautilus. MF. When the MF come out it best machine and killer finding deep buttons with out tons dig nails!! and found ton relics in good so called hunted site from my older machine. It was great machine and only age 7 it was "very manly' machine to use with old bow handle and end day it work but you always found lots relics !! Chuck

Another great picture of an old Nautilus. I bet it was a real arm breaker with that hoop over the box!

Happy Hunting
Minelab GPX-5000 - Backup GPX-4500 with a very large selection of coils.

Re: Old MF
Posted by: lucasd1973
Date: January 04, 2016 02:10PM
I have one of these and im not sure how to correctly ground balance it. Anyone out there willing to explain it to me?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login