Findmall.com

Nautilus Detector Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
What replacement would you have for the Nautilus?
Posted by: filternozzle
Date: March 05, 2014 09:08AM
The following is an extract from a previous thread on this forum as a possible replacement for the Nautilus:

'Well not the F75 or T2, though my wife does like the weight/balance of their basic design. Even in their present off tune/not quite right state both my Nautilus DMC's still have the edge . Leader of the pack at present is my Whites V3i even without using it in its Nauty emulation mode and though way more expensive you have rechargables and wireless headphones included, the ability to adjust to suit the sweep speed you most like and most important no need for a second detector for beach use.'

Both the F75 and T2 have been mentioned many times but this is the first I have seen mention of the Whites V3i. As the V3i has a Nautilus emulation mode (Mixed Mode Pro is its name), it sounds like a good contender. Is anyone else out there using the V3i as a replacement for their old Nautilus?

Happy Hunting
Minelab GPX-5000 - Backup GPX-4500 with a very large selection of coils.

Re: What replacement would you have for the Nautilus?
Posted by: bigchuckinva
Date: March 05, 2014 09:42PM
You may also look at the Deep Tech Vista Gold machine.It Light Weigh Deep in good soil slight bad and can have two tones adjustment like DMC2b and not over priced. And super fast recover speed find good targets in high iron areas Chuck

Posted by: HanoverDigger
Date: March 08, 2014 07:26AM
bigchuckinva
You may also look at the Deep Tech Vista Gold machine.It Light Weigh Deep in good soil slight bad and can have two tones adjustment like DMC2b and not over priced. And super fast recover speed find good targets in high iron areas Chuck
How would you rate the Vista Gold compared to Nautilus? Any input on the Vista Relic detector? Any dealers in the U.S.? So many questions, thanks Chuck.

T2SE* Nautilus 2b w/ GG DMC headphones * VX3* Lesche Piranah* Garrett propointer* The "bomb" sheath w/Lesche digger* Deteknix W6 pro headphones* Oldest coin 1776 2 Reale

Posted by: UK Brian
Date: March 10, 2014 05:56AM
Don't forget that I've said in person to you that I would not recommend the V3i to 95% of detectorists. If your not prepared to put the time in on it then you may as well buy something at half the price.

Date: March 10, 2014 06:03AM
Extreme Detecting were the U.S. agents then either dropped them or were dropped by the company and Treasure Hunting Pro who were importing to the U.K. put up the message on their site that they were no longer selling Deeptech machines due to faults with coils and poor after sales service.
They do seem to be dealing with problems now but what situation you would be in if you bought a secondhand model I don't know.

Date: March 10, 2014 07:20AM
UK Brian
Don't forget that I've said in person to you that I would not recommend the V3i to 95% of detectorists. If your not prepared to put the time in on it then you may as well buy something at half the price.

It is easy to see the reason for your statement. Anyone interested in the V3i should download the Owners Guide and study it, I have and believe me it seems quite challenging with many adjustable controls to tweak the machine to search your own site. However, you have to be aware altering one control may well require other controls to be adjusted. So its a case of 'Yes', you do need to understand thoroughly what will happen when adjustments are made. Clearly, it is a machine for the minority and not the majority. I would rather have a Nautilus DMC IIB in top working order, which I have at the moment. However, that could change in a moment, with no backup out there from the Manufacture one needs to think of a suitable replacement.

Happy Hunting

Date: March 11, 2014 03:18AM
See that you really upset them on the V3 forum but don't worry thats why they don't get many posting on there.

Date: March 13, 2014 06:41AM
UK Brian
See that you really upset them on the V3 forum but don't worry thats why they don't get many posting on there.

My original post which was moved has now been deleted!

A forum run like that is of no value to real detector users.

Happy Hunting

Posted by: burlbark
Date: March 13, 2014 03:32PM
I have decided the Nautilus is not for me and will not be buying one because its not reliable and the depth only matches Minelab detectors.

Have a nice day.

PS: By the way I have never used one and made my decision based on a PM because he was frustrated at not knowing how to use his detector.

PSS: I also made my decisions because Larry told me so, No I meant Rob.... no I meant Larry. Oh sorry I meant Rob.

How do you think people would respond to that....

Date: March 14, 2014 04:01AM
burlbark
I have decided the Nautilus is not for me and will not be buying one because its not reliable and the depth only matches Minelab detectors.
Have a nice day.
PS: By the way I have never used one and made my decision based on a PM because he was frustrated at not knowing how to use his detector.
PSS: I also made my decisions because Larry told me so, No I meant Rob.... no I meant Larry. Oh sorry I meant Rob.
How do you think people would respond to that....

Have a nice day Burlbark and HH

Happy Hunting

Posted by: Joe(TX)
Date: May 30, 2015 01:04PM
...I would not replace it....that is if it is your dream metal detector and you enjoy using it over all of the rest.....Now I know that a lot are looking at other detectors because they do not feel secure with the Nautilus company since they have gone out of business and feel that there is now no support.....I have seen this before with the Compass line and others....a lot of people like the detectors but feel that there is no support from the manufacturer which is true...so they sell all of their Nautilus's and move on to another brand .....on the Compass forum we have become the support...and even if electronic problems arise there is always a source to get it fixed!! I have mainly collected the older Nautilus detectors mainly the LF Deepseeker....the Silver King and the MF.....I also had a DMC 2 around 30 years ago...still looking for a newer Nautilus...if Nautilus is your Dream detector I would not replace it....you may have some deep regrets later.....just saying that I have seen it before!! Good Luck and Happy Hunting...Joe

Hand Down Blisstool V-5
Date: May 31, 2015 04:22PM
I purchased one and went back site hit hard by DMC2B, it goes deeper and you can hunt any type soils from best to worse ground. It does take more learning curve to set and have adjust each set to get best settings. Most people bad mouth Blisstool brand, maybe it cost 1/4 price other brands and go deeper in all soils. The Blisstool is not for a new user whom wish not learn all controls. It very powerful VLF is only one I ever used that can hunt bad soil and knock out Iron. Chuck

Date: September 15, 2015 02:01AM
I still own 9 Nautilus detectors but no longer use them as my main detector. These days I am using the Nexus MP a really deep seeking detector with very good discrimination at depth. Like Nautilus it is a small operation. There is no screen, manual controls and manual ground balance. MP stands for mineral power, so if you have high mineralisation this machine will serve you well. My land is low in mineralisation and this is tbe best performing detector I have ever used. A fitting replacement for my Nautilus detectors.

Happy Hunting

Date: October 03, 2015 06:48PM
I switch to a Blisstoll V-5 killer Depth deeper then DMC2B. I though never see another machine go deeper then Nautilus . The Blisstoll also get super depth in bad soil and Disc out iron . The biggest adjustment is missing the two tones. Many people knock Blisstool Brand due lack learning machine and proper setting. It no thrill, Bells ect and there know a repair in USA, and back great dealers here in V.A. and F.L.

Posted by: squirrel1
Date: November 04, 2015 03:15PM
All I can say is---I got to see a Blisstool V5 in action with my own eyes. Gent had tabs disc out. In 5 bar indicated F75 ground. A 9" 3 ringer was clear as a bell. Slipped my Fisher LTD2 with stok coil over the 9" bullet----iron tone, weak at that, AM lit the bullet up though.

Gent even dug a plate not far from here in the horrid ground with V5.....

Folks don't need to get the V3 Blisstool confused with the V5. And then there's a V6. I've read a post posted by a respected gent on another forum. V6 in ore mode with 7x9" coil---Xp Deus like separation!!!!

Folks really need to take a look at the V6 for relic hunting; especially the hot ground hunters....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login