Findmall.com

Nautilus Detector Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Question about the Nautilus DMC IIB
Posted by: HanoverDigger
Date: February 05, 2016 10:11AM
Mine has SN 01224 IIB which came with the thicker coil. No IR.

* White's Mxt* Nautilus 2b w/ GG DMC headphones * Garrett At Max*Lesche Piranah* Garrett propointer* The "bomb" sheath w/Lesche digger* Deteknix W6 pro headphones* Oldest coin 1776 2 Reale

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2016 10:12AM by HanoverDigger.

Don, I have some Nautilus detectors
Posted by: jtalley007
Date: February 08, 2016 07:49PM
Jerry

804-937-2453

Posted by: virginia digger
Date: February 09, 2016 06:05AM
If it doesn't say Tyndall on the side of the control box it was manufactured by Stephen Garris. It does have the thick coil which you are very lucky to have. You used to be able to call Dottie (Jerry's wife) and she would look it up and give you the manufacturer date. Try calling Wayne Lee, the new owner of Nautilus. He should have that info.

Posted by: alsgas
Date: February 20, 2016 12:24AM
OK guys-I'm new here and been detecting since metrotech since about 1970? and after school we go anywhere and fill you levi's up with bullets eagle and new York buttons all day-then comes double eagle-go broke buying batteries-then the Nautilus-I've had every kind when new model come out I'd sell old one to buy new one-big mistake-wish I'd kept all-except 2b--I didn't know but there was a problem with coils could NOT ground balance-it would dig a bullet 12' but one in plain sight on top ground it wouldn't pick up? After got rid of it I found out tyndall admitted the coils were bad but when returned he charged $125 to replace coil and retune. NEVER say anything bad about tyndall-he was a great person and sent me wiring diagrams that he worked so hard to develop-NOBODY would do that-I just thought if a problem it should be replaced no questions asked-anyway the nautilus is the best and I wish replacement search coils were available that is the problem with the machines

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login