Findmall.com

Nautilus Detector Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Whites modification
Posted by: ThunderDome
Date: August 22, 2014 06:58PM
Does anyone know where I can buy the brackets for the whites mod on the Nautilus? I have looked everywhere but cant seem to find them. I suppose I could make some, but if they are still for sale I would rather buy them.

Re: Whites modification
Posted by: UK Brian
Date: August 24, 2014 06:53AM
There were two different sets on the market at one time but they all seemed to sell out at the same time. You could make up a pair of short pillars that are just long enough to lift the Whites shaft above the central loop balance on/off switch but that does mean drilling the box and some disassembly. The brackets looked a little crude but did the job so easily.

Date: August 25, 2014 05:34PM
Talked with a Whites dealer this weekend and told him what I wanted and he is setting me up with the following to convert my Nautilus up for the mod, should be a lot easier to swing with the balance of the box to the rear. Now all I need to do is fabricate some brackets as I really don't want to drill thru the box like this one. This pic has the same TDI upper rod, I have a TDI and it will be great on the DMCIIBa.

Date: November 30, 2014 09:38AM
Just completed my mod to the Nauty DMC IIBa with the Whites TDI shaft and I must say that I am very pleased. Special thanks to all my friends that either supplied parts or told me where I could locate them. Ready to Hunt !!!!!

Posted by: HanoverDigger
Date: December 02, 2014 03:37PM
Nice! I may do mine. Could you offer up any info on getting the rig? Thanks. Robert

T2SE* Nautilus 2b w/ GG DMC headphones * VX3* Lesche Piranah* Garrett propointer* The "bomb" sheath w/Lesche digger* Deteknix W6 pro headphones* Oldest coin 1776 2 Reale

Date: December 03, 2014 03:31PM
The rod is a stock Whites TDI rod which I bought from a dealer for 75 bucks I believe, the brackets on the other hand may be hard to find, I got a couple of a dealers last sets but he told me that Nautilus dealers used to have these in stock so you might start calling a few of the older dealers that were strong a few years ago. Probably around SC, Virginia areas. Wayne may have something like that in Coats, I have heard he is working on coils and I believe I may have a good number for him that I got from a dealer. I will check it out and see where I put it and send it to you. The only other thing you will need is the spacers that go between the handle and the bracket. But when you take off the bracket that Whites has rivited to the handle, you can cut those down and they make perfect spacers. I have a lot of pics that I took during the mod, the forum just would not let me post all of them, I will send them to you.

Date: December 03, 2014 04:00PM
Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. I got in touch with Whites to see if they sell the TDI rod. Waiting to hear back from them...as for the brackets I'll do some research. Good luck hunting! Robert

T2SE* Nautilus 2b w/ GG DMC headphones * VX3* Lesche Piranah* Garrett propointer* The "bomb" sheath w/Lesche digger* Deteknix W6 pro headphones* Oldest coin 1776 2 Reale

Date: December 03, 2014 04:57PM
If Whites wont sell one from the factory, contact Jimmy Sierra, he's a Whites dealer in California, have dealt with him many times as I have several Whites machines. He can get it for you quick.

Date: December 03, 2014 06:16PM
Thank you again. Sent an email to a former Nautilus dealer...he sent off 3 sets of brackets and thinks he may have some more. Things are looking up!

Date: December 03, 2014 07:24PM
Great, glad you were able to get some. Any word from Whites?

Date: December 04, 2014 05:43AM
Yes I did! Sent an email to Jimmy S. and got a VERY quick response. He can order the TDI upper rod for me....now all I need are the brackets. Thanks again for your help. Robert

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login