Findmall.com

Nautilus Detector Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
What size coil do you generally use?
Posted by: filternozzle
Date: October 07, 2014 04:05AM
Here in the UK the Nautilus comes with the 10" as the stock coil. What is the most popular coil being used in the US?

Happy Hunting
Minelab GPX-5000 - Backup GPX-4500 with a very large selection of coils.

10"N/T
Posted by: Camp Pollard
Date: October 07, 2014 05:33PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

15"N/T
Posted by: brnn53
Date: October 08, 2014 03:08AM

Re: 15"
Posted by: filternozzle
Date: October 08, 2014 03:23AM
brnn53
15"
n/t
I have found the 15" coil is not so good for coin size objects but it is much better on larger targets.

Happy Hunting
Minelab GPX-5000 - Backup GPX-4500 with a very large selection of coils.

Re: 15"
Posted by: brnn53
Date: October 08, 2014 10:49AM
I have dug many buttons with the 15".
Mike

10 Coil. But 15 Coil Better Ideal
Posted by: bigchuckinva
Date: October 08, 2014 01:16PM
The 10 inch best any Relic Hunting. The 15 coil had depth in few inches. First,. If hunt real Sandy-Loam Soil with low trash you can hit button, bullets and plates deeper then 10 inch Coil. If hunt ground that is hot soil ,clay, or such house sites the 15 Inch coil may not best choice. I found super deep Hut, Trash Pits in camp other site been claimed " Hunted Out" with 15 coil and even a 1851 One Dollar Gold Coin in camp missed 10 Coil . If have old site that picked clean or hunted out you should try 15 coil, you be surprised how target are left in site and my be killer find. Chuck

Re: What size coil do you generally use?
Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: October 08, 2014 04:03PM
I guess I'm in the minority,But I mostly used the 8'' coil on my Nautilus IIba I had.I'm an old coin hunter mostly so some of my sites are a little trashier than a relic hunters.

I use the 8 inch most of the time.N/T
Posted by: B Spa
Date: October 09, 2014 04:06PM

Posted by: woodchiphustler
Date: November 04, 2014 06:59AM
8" in iron infested colonial sites. 10" for field hunting.

George Tex Kinsey
The Original Buttondigger since 1969
Still on the "right side of the grass"
A Findmall fan and supporter.

Posted by: forrestgump
Date: November 27, 2014 07:17PM
6 inch most of the time on the 2Ba, very good on button-sized targets and smaller. For years the 10 inch came standard (and in the early years-MF and LF- the only sized coil available for the detector). The 10 inch was favored by relic hunters in Virginia as a good all around coil, giving good results on small items like bullets and larger ones like projectiles. As sites got vacuumcleaned many hunters switched to the 15 inch, which gives outstanding depth on buttons, projectiles, and trash pits. Of course this larger coil limits field time, unless you're Popeye. I used an 8 inch on my DMC and was pleased with it and still use one sometimes on my early 2B, but mostly keep the 10 inch on that unit.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login