Findmall.com

Nautilus Detector Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
New Owner DMCII Questions
Posted by: Indian Steve
Date: December 15, 2014 10:08AM
Howdy All, I just traded for a DMC II and was hoping to get some advice on settings and use. I have always had Tesoro detectors so this is totally new. I live in southern Virginia and am looking forward to trying out this detector and seeing if it is as deep as everybody says. Also, is there anybody near Martinsville VA on this forum that has a DMC II that would be able to show me how to use it. I have sites to hunt. Thanks in advance for any help and advice.Steve

Re: New Owner DMCII Questions
Posted by: jtalley007
Date: December 15, 2014 06:20PM
Steve, do you have a manual? Basically you set sensitivity knobs, ground balance which is very easy with vernier dials since you are fine tuning and if and when you re-ground balance it is usually slight.
Lot of people use stereo, all metal in one ear and discrimination in the other. I personally never did. I use mono so I hear all signals, if target is shallow you will get both whamp (all metal) and beep (discrimination).
If you get really week all metal but no beep, scalp the ground( in the woods) 2-3" deep. Re-check hole, if signal gets a lot louder but not even a click on the beep side then it is junk based on where you have your discrimination set. Hope this helps and others chime in.
Jerry

Date: December 15, 2014 09:17PM
Thanks Jerry, I have a manual that I got online from kellyco. I have been able to get ground balance and was running in stereo. I tried it in a old house site that I have pulled a couple of hundred pounds of big chunks of iron. Mostly farm stuff and old stove parts. I used it for about an hour and got another 20 pounds or so of iron, but no good metal. Then I tried it for a colonial inn/ ordinary site that I have hunted for years. I got one musket ball about 4 inches deep. This site has lots of hot rocks and I have hunted it hard. I have heard so much great stuff about Nautilus. I'm looking forward to learning as much as my poor old simple mind can take. steve

Posted by: oneton
Date: December 18, 2014 05:32PM
Just wondering why dmc11 and not 2b or 2ba?

Date: December 18, 2014 06:18PM
I traded an old Enfield 303 rifle for it to a friend who has been hunting with Nautilus since the 1970s. His health doesn't let him metal detect any more. He has given some advice about it but I can't take him out for one on one and I have a hard time understanding him sometimes. He said that this was his best relic machine and is easier to use than the later models. It has the thick 8 inch coil that he said never goes bad unlike newer coils. I just ordered better headphones and plan to do the Whites shaft conversion later when I get some cash. It had been back to the factory a few years ago for a checkup and used 3 or 4 times since. I wish that I would have met him and got this machine years ago so I would have had a teacher to learn from. steve

Posted by: bubba_t
Date: January 25, 2015 08:22AM
I have a dmc || also just recently acquired and was wondering if you could be so kind as to send me a link to that online manual that you got I haven't been able to find one anywhere

Posted by: oneton
Date: January 25, 2015 03:06PM
check out kellyco I have downloaded the 2b and 2ba there.click the info tab under the search then go to manual

Posted by: bubba_t
Date: January 25, 2015 10:17PM
Thank u very much I got what I needed...thanks again

Posted by: scottyman007
Date: March 24, 2015 08:46PM
hey Steve. This is the tree man that lives 3 miles away from you. I just put a down payment on a nautilus llb and will be getting it soon. I've got the 15 inch 8 inch and the 6 inch and AM ready for action. I'll be setting up shop on that pristine civil war camp site I told you about soon. You are welcome to dig with me if you like. You got my number.

Date: March 29, 2015 09:54AM
Scotty, Call me when you get it and want to go. steve

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login