Findmall.com

Nautilus Detector Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Wonder how many die hard DMC 2b users still out there that have not changed to other machines?
Posted by: jtalley007
Date: December 17, 2014 05:29PM
I will continue my quest, it's a shame but these forums are not very busy to get a real feel for demand.

Other shame is not many coil builders out there especially ones that can make a 2b coil that is quality, right and will last, especially for a decent price.

Hope I can at least repair some in the mean time, I think the older thick ones will be around forever.

The plastic on them is really thick compared to the new ones.

Jerry

I believe their are a lot more out than.....
Posted by: Camp Pollard
Date: December 17, 2014 08:19PM
you realize. I believe an aftermarket coil would sale out quick. Personally I have been buying up coils and machines over the last couple years and have quite a stock pile myself. Including some 15" coils new in the box. But I'd be game for a new 8" coil from a different maker.

Re: Wonder how many die hard DMC 2b users still out there that have not changed to other machines?
Posted by: oneton
Date: December 21, 2014 12:53PM
Other companies are just money grabbers but nautilus is king in performance

Re: Wonder how many die hard DMC 2b users still out there that have not changed to other machines?
Date: December 22, 2014 02:57PM
Amen I think I could build a detector that will far past the others at a fraction of the price.I am looking for a red heat tornado if someone knows of one.

Posted by: virginia digger
Date: January 09, 2015 09:07AM
I once owned 5 Nautilus detectors at the same time. However, with so many issues on the non Tyndall units I decided to sell them. I still have a pristine 2B that Jerry built. It has the thick problem free coil. Wish I could find a DMC 1.......still looking. I love the machines. Very sad how Nautilus has ended up. I HOPE someone with deep pockets can bring them back to life.

Posted by: jtalley007
Date: January 10, 2015 09:09PM
Digger, I see DMC 1's for sale from time to time but I didn't care for them when they were in style. The TR side goes dead lowered to the ground. Dennis Cox is a relic hunting machine but don't understand how he can use it even in Culpepper dirt. How much are you looking to spend on one? I'll keep my eye open for one.

Jerry

Posted by: virginia digger
Date: January 12, 2015 05:30AM
Thanks Jerry,
Depending on unit condition around 250.00.

Posted by: garys relics
Date: January 12, 2015 11:20AM
I would buy a new 8 inch from you Jerry if you start to make them. I have 2 Nautilus, one with a thick 8 and one of the last new Nautilus ever produced a 2BA with the thin 10 inch coil. both seem to work good for now, and I don't get out to hunt much so should last even longer, but nice to have a spare. There is a new 6 inch coil on sale from Europe on E-Bay if anyone wants one, but that is a little too small for me. Please post if you ever start to make any or repair any extras you want to sell.

Date: January 16, 2015 07:18PM
If he brings down the price on that 6 inch I would buy it, I am looking for a 8 inch or a 15 if anyone has one for sale

Posted by: bhouck2011
Date: January 16, 2015 08:53PM
Iam still swinging my naoutilus when i can. Im old now and the weight gets to my shoulder and back. It still performs though. I will keep posting as i get out more. After reading on here for a while tonight im taking the old girl for a spin in the morning.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login