Findmall.com

Nautilus Detector Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Morning digs CS round corner plate and spur
Posted by: Camp Pollard
Date: December 23, 2014 11:27AM
Been reworking an old brigade camp my uncle found back in 70's. This camp has been hunted many times but is so large that their are still a few relics left. The CS plate was just under the leaves while the spur was about 12" deep.
It is always exciting to dig a Confederate plate and leaves me awe struck.

Re: Morning digs CS round corner plate and spur
Posted by: oneton
Date: December 23, 2014 01:41PM
o wow I like those deep targets,good find

Front and back of buckle after light cleaning
Date: December 24, 2014 02:00PM
I believe I will leave it like it is.

Posted by: garys relics
Date: December 26, 2014 05:21AM
Beautiful buckle, just in time for Christmas! I think I would wrap it up and put it under the tree,a find of a life time. What state was it dug in and which Nautilus were you using? Thanks for sharing it with us, Gary.

Alabama and my Tyndall 2b. ThanksN/T
Date: December 26, 2014 05:42PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: December 26, 2014 05:44PM
I would leave it just the way it is. Roll Tide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: flyntgr
Date: January 13, 2015 10:51PM
From what I can see in this photo, the CS plate did not fail to become lost, but was still attached to the belt until the leather rotted away or was eaten by rodents or something very hungry. The prongs on back are still bent closed and touching the back of the plate, and there appears to be no space where the leather belt could have slipped out. Just guessing, of course.

Date: January 13, 2015 10:54PM
From what I can see in this photo, the CS plate did not fail to become lost, but was still attached to the belt until the leather rotted away or was eaten by rodents or something very hungry. The prongs on back are still bent closed and touching the back of the plate, and there appears to be no space where the leather belt could have slipped out. Just guessing, of course. That dang thing would give me a heart attack before a den of rattle snakes. I've searched for a CS plate all my 70 years, but the only way I can have one is to buy the dang thing. I'm still trying, though.

Thanks for the comment. They are getting harder to find.
Date: January 14, 2015 05:03PM
I've been fortunate enough to dig 8. It could happen for you one day.

Posted by: garys relics
Date: January 14, 2015 07:52PM
Are all the buckles that you dug Confederate? That one sure is nice, you should put it on the Civil war forum and mention that it was found with a Nautilus detector. Give Nautilus some credit we all know is well deserved. Most Fisher and T 2 guys gave us up years ago. Keep up the good hunting and thanks again for sharing that beautiful buckle, it keeps us all motivated to get out.

Been searching for such a plate for 40 years; no luck
Date: February 18, 2015 10:06PM
I have found two eagle plates, two reb stirrups, one a Hussar type and the other a crude artillery stirrup. One of the eagle plates was inches away from the the Hussar reb stirrup. They were 1/4 to 1/2" deep, partially under a shallow layer of loam, and partly just under the leaves. It's probably best I didn't find a CS plate, though. If I were to find one, I would probably deficate on myself while dying of a heart attack. Man, would I love to put the LSU vs. Bama thing to rest for long enough to go hunting with you, and perhaps longer... :) Great find my Alabama comrade. Great find! I have a IIBa which is such a great detector I refuse to sell it, ever. Reggie

Ancestor, James Symonds, sailed from Norfolk, England to Norfolk, VA (now Virginia Beach) aboard the Constance in 1615 as an endentured servant who was 21 years of age, and whose name is entered in the first family of Virginia and in "Pilgrims and Cavaliers", owning 100 acres in what is now Virginia Beach. His children were surnamed "Simmons". G.G.G. Grandfather Willis Richard Simmons, Co. K, 38th (mounted)MS Infantry, which unit fought at Corinth, Vicksburg and other fields of battle. Also the grandson of G.G. Grandfather, Dr. George Washington Varnado, 1st Lt. Louisiana Partisan Rangers, (1840-1900). Proud of all of them, and all of their progeny. I am proudest of the Confederate Flag, which stood for the Cause for which brave, resolute men gave their lives in the quest for independence and freedom, while protecting their hearths, hearts and lives of their families, and doggedly hung on for 4 long years of invasion and war crimes committed by yankee invaders like Wm.T. Sherman and his demons.

Posted by: woodchiphustler
Date: February 21, 2015 08:45AM
Superb!

George Tex Kinsey
The Original Buttondigger since 1969
Still on the "right side of the grass"
A Findmall fan and supporter.

Thanks for loooking!N/T
Date: February 22, 2015 07:35PM

Thanks, these type of buckles used to be common finds here years ago.N/T
Date: February 22, 2015 07:38PM

Posted by: kaolinwasher
Date: February 25, 2015 06:59PM
those confederates where good craftsmen.

Currently own 4 detectors

Mirage P.I coustom built by Sven.

silver Umax With ground balance

Blisstool V5

and a Makro Racer,

God will forgive every sin and blasphemy. are you ready to repent

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login