Findmall.com

Nautilus Detector Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
DMC IV INFO
Posted by: oneton
Date: January 25, 2015 03:03PM
I can find next to nothing on the Nautilus dmc 4 can anyone fill me in. I seen a Nautilus iv but I didn't see any power switch or dail to crank up the voltage. I thought I seen a 4 with the high voltage switch but I also have seen one and it had no voltage switch or dial.Anyone have specs on this unit and reviews,thanks phil

Re: DMC IV INFO
Posted by: forrestgump
Date: January 30, 2015 04:59PM
Have never used this unit. Few were made. I think this was Tyndall's attempt at a bad ground detector. Very low frequency. Maybe special coils -Low Q or something like that. As I recall the feedback on this unit was not great, but this might be because people tried to use it outside of the area it was intended for (Orange County, Va. etc.)

Posted by: jtalley007
Date: January 30, 2015 06:50PM
Hard to remember but know it had 6 batteries and drew a lot of current. May have had a power switch but sure it had power and depth. Naturally not as sensitive on brass but good on bullets and shells. I think coils were also more stable than 2b. I think a friend has one, if I find out anything I will post it.

Posted by: bigchuckinva
Date: January 30, 2015 11:54PM
I had DMC4 years ago with 10 inch coil. and was special order unit Jerry Tyndall made The DMC4 much lower ran at 4KHZ vs all other DMC2 model which ran at 14KHZ. The DMC4 was 5 controls as old DMC2 . The was extra switch on front Low. Med- High which power adjustment . If I recall the low setting min power about #6 on Transmit Power on DMC2B and Med #25 and High #44 . I ran lower setting super steady threshold and ground balance any soils. The coil with unit was Low -Q standard with DMC4. . As Jerry said it was great on bullets, iron but lost lots depth in Brass, Silver Vs the all DMC2B units.
I hope info helps. Chuck

kHz
feq

Date: February 01, 2015 07:27PM
Great thanks, I will wait for one to cross my path, Can I use my 2b coil on the iv?

Date: February 01, 2015 07:30PM
Thanks for the info.

Re: DMC IV INFO, no only 2b and 2ba interchange
Posted by: jtalley007
Date: February 02, 2015 07:16PM
Re: DMC IV INFO, no only 2b and 2ba interchange
Date: February 02, 2015 10:53PM
Thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login