Findmall.com

Nautilus Detector Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
can the nautilus handle culpeper soil
Posted by: kaolinwasher
Date: February 25, 2015 08:30PM
Just wondering does the disc crap out in the culpeper soil and or will the all metal keep working ? and does the detector use a concentric or DD coil ?

Currently own 4 detectors

Mirage P.I coustom built by Sven.

silver Umax With ground balance

Blisstool V5

and a Makro Racer,

God will forgive every sin and blasphemy. are you ready to repent

Re: can the nautilus handle culpeper soil
Posted by: oneton
Date: February 26, 2015 06:01PM
detector does not use DD coils

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2015 06:01PM by oneton.

Posted by: filternozzle
Date: February 27, 2015 04:56PM
Concentric coil.

Happy Hunting
Minelab GPX-5000 - Backup GPX-4500 with a very large selection of coils.

scroll down and look for Chuck, he lives up that way
Posted by: jtalley007
Date: February 27, 2015 09:26PM
Dennis Cox uses an old dmc 1 and he digs his butt off. I don't know how but he does.

Posted by: Shenandoah Digger
Date: March 02, 2015 05:42AM
I used a IIb at Beauregard Farm and did great. I set the disc at 10, kept the coil a few inches off the ground, and dug everything I normally would in good soil. I was told the IIb wouldn't work in bad ground but I found that not to be the case. The key was to not scrub the ground or it would buzz on the all metal side. I dug bullets behind other diggers who just walked past them.

Posted by: kaolinwasher
Date: March 02, 2015 07:59PM
thats interesting ,

Currently own 4 detectors

Mirage P.I coustom built by Sven.

silver Umax With ground balance

Blisstool V5

and a Makro Racer,

God will forgive every sin and blasphemy. are you ready to repent

Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: March 28, 2015 03:16PM
I'm glad Shenandoah posted that It can handle hot ground as a bunch of now it alls on another forum keep sayin' it can't! They say it is only deep in mild''wussie soil'' as they put it. Obviously they just don't know how to use one.

Posted by: Nauti Neil
Date: April 25, 2015 02:35PM
I also agree with Harold and SD,used one for years and never had a problem with any soil types......most of my finds over the years,and best finds,came while using a 2b.

Posted by: Shenandoah Digger
Date: May 05, 2015 09:48PM
I dug the deepest coin I ever dug, a large cent at a true 18 inches, with a IIba on our farm in the Shenandoah valley. The soil is Culpeper bad. I got a faint all metal signal, and occasionally a disc chirp. I knew it was deep and nonferrous. That was enough for me. I grew up detecting on this property, so I thought all soil was like that. It's just normal for me and the Nautilus has never let me down. Just wish someone would buy the company and continue making them. Don't need anything new, just keep doing what they've been doing.

Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: May 07, 2015 07:33PM
I to wish the company would be bought and keep goin'. I want to get another IIba ,But am gun shy if coil goes out of Balance or some other problem.

Posted by: UK Brian
Date: May 16, 2015 07:02AM
The stock coil is Concentric (High Q). For troublesome areas you had the option of Low Q Triaxial Concentrics. Even in the U.K. there's soil where the maximum depth with the stock coil (8") is two inches.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login