Findmall.com

Nautilus Detector Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
DMC II B Transmit Power Question
Posted by: Indian Steve
Date: March 08, 2015 02:53PM
Howdy All, I recently acquired a DMC II B and took it to a heavily picked colonial site today to try it out. Started out with transmit power set at 6. After a while I tried turning it up to 35 and threw down my test bullet to check everything out. The disc side beeped as it should but there was no change in the threshold side. Is this normal or have I got a problem? Thanks Steve

Re: DMC II B Transmit Power Question
Posted by: Shenandoah Digger
Date: March 09, 2015 08:36PM
Check to see if you have your threshold barely audible. If you have it too high you won't notice a difference over a target.

Posted by: garys relics
Date: March 10, 2015 04:37AM
Maybe you don't have the coil balanced right. Every time you turn the detector on you have to balance the coil (knobs on front of the machine). There are instructions on the Internet on how to do this. If you don't the detector won't right at all. On the 2BA Detector you only have to push a button and it does it for you. That is the newer model of the same machine.

Posted by: filternozzle
Date: March 10, 2015 01:48PM
Make sure the All Metal sensitivity is turned up. I have mine around 9.

Happy Hunting
Minelab GPX-5000 - Backup GPX-4500 with a very large selection of coils.

Date: March 11, 2015 05:11PM
Thanks for the advice. I haven't been able to get out and try it again but I suspect the problem is that I had the threshold up to high. I had tuned the coil exactly as the manual said to and I checked 3 times while I was out and it had stayed tuned. I'll let ya'll know how it goes. Thanks Again, steve

Date: June 23, 2015 10:04AM
I recently did a comparison of depth with my Tesoro Tejon and my DMC IIB and the Tejon was hitting just as deep as the IIB and it so much lighter and easier to use so I am going sell the DMC IIB. I just put it in the classifieds if anyone is interested. It will be on Ebay later this week. Thanks for all of the advice and help. steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2015 10:32AM by Indian Steve.

Posted by: alsgas
Date: February 19, 2016 11:52PM
Steve-did you ever get your answer to the 2b?--I'm new on here and tried to pm but couldn't----Alan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login