Findmall.com

Nautilus Detector Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Jerry Tyndall.
Posted by: forrestgump
Date: April 01, 2015 11:03PM
Thanks to this brilliant man a large part of our nation's heritage was unearthed.

http://www.roseandgraham.com/obits/obituary.php?id=541128

Re: Jerry Tyndall.
Posted by: jimmy
Date: April 02, 2015 06:17AM
A great loss, he will be missed. I appreciate the friendship and great detectors. RIP Jerry

Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: April 02, 2015 06:46PM
Man I hate to hear that! My deepest sympathies to Him and his Family.

Posted by: bigchuckinva
Date: April 02, 2015 10:01PM
I just heard the news. I will be teary eyed tonight. I know both Jerry/ Dottie over 25 plus year. Today Jerry was to make the first and only to this day design from top -bottom machine for us ' Relic Hunting' Machine. .His machines found more relics over the year than any brand. I will look back just as yesterday with what called 'Jerry" smile when hunters either called him or visited him show all Relics found with machines missed and Jerry final solved the DMC2B to balance coil go deeper than any brand. We lost not only a true legend in our hobby , but the most honest, ethical ran small company. Chuck Acton

R.I.P Jerry Tyndall.
Posted by: Tony from Tidewater
Date: April 03, 2015 12:03PM
What a great loss to the hobby. A true legend for sure. My condolences for his family

"A Bird in the hand, is worth two in the bush"

Posted by: Jerry Ga.
Date: April 04, 2015 11:24AM
I spent many enjoyable hours and found some great relics and coins using Jerry's detectors. My condolences to his family. I just wish that somehow the company he founded and the great detectors he produced could continue on into the future.

Sorry to hear this News,My Condolences to his familyN/T
Posted by: RICK IN KY
Date: April 04, 2015 03:06PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Thanks for letting us know, I signed the guest book at the funeral home.
Posted by: jtalley007
Date: April 04, 2015 09:20PM
That's all I could do since it was the day of the funeral when I found out. Jerry was a great man and one of the most generous souls I ever met. I wish I lived closer than 3 1/2 hours so could have visited them more. My heart goes out to Dottie and family. He will be sorely missed.

Posted by: filternozzle
Date: April 08, 2015 01:48AM
Very sad.

Happy Hunting
Minelab GPX-5000 - Backup GPX-4500 with a very large selection of coils.

Posted by: allgirls
Date: April 09, 2015 03:58PM
One of the most generous men in the hobby of relic hunting Ever....Alot of times starting in the early 80's I would drive down from Petersburg to Coats to have Jerry make small mods. or repairs or buy a new machine and he would almost never charge you anything no matter how much you insisted to pay and give you a outstanding deal on new ones.I don't know Jerry's wealth but he never patented anything and if he would have he would have been a millionaire many times over because every detector company out there took Jerry's ideas and put them in there machines.He was without a dealt a true Pioneer.A side note my seventy-seven year old Dad just passed on March 20th and I received his Nautilus IIb that came from Jerry in the early 90's. My Dad and Jerry can go diggin in heaven now.
R.I.P.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2015 04:03PM by allgirls.

Posted by: Diggerinva
Date: April 09, 2015 07:16PM
2015 has been rough......Jack Gifford(Tesoro), Jerry Tyndall(Nautilus), and Charles Garrett(Garrett)......just imagine the conversations those three are having.....

Posted by: gwsears
Date: June 01, 2015 12:01AM
Did not realize that. May the trio rest in peace.

George

Posted by: mudpuppy
Date: June 15, 2015 10:23AM
Nice testimony allgirls...anybody else got any great stories about the Man? I'm a noob and didnt know him, but I'd like to read a bit more about his finds and life please.
Mud

Nasty words, and suggestive post.

Posted by: virginia digger
Date: July 15, 2015 06:35AM
So sad to hear the news. Jerry was a true southern gentleman in every regard. His word was his bond.....period. I had many phone conversations with him over the years. I once sent in a DMC 1 and asked if it could be made it auto tune like the DMC 2. Jerry and Don added a toggle switch and it worked great. I also asked Jerry if he could slightly alter the frequency because my hunting buddies all had Nautilus machines and if you got too close to each other while hunting the sound would cross over into your headphones. They took care of that too.
There will never be another small company that has this level of service to its customers. I always considered Jerry and Dottie as family......

Posted by: flyntgr
Date: July 27, 2015 02:14AM
I am saddened to learn of Jerry's passing, though the kind words of those who knew him personally recognize that his genius and honesty are pinacles most of us will never achieve. I noted this past spring that off all my machines, GPX, TDI, Blisstool, E-trac and all the others, the only VLF machine that could reach my test garden targets which were buried over 15", his IIB2a was the ONLY other machine that could match my GPX in hitting 20 inches on a brass button. The man's inventions should continue to be produced, though God only knows who is smart enough to do so. God bless Dottie and all who loved Jerry.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login