Findmall.com

Nautilus Detector Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
...DMC 2 vs DMC 2B??
Posted by: Joe(TX)
Date: June 03, 2015 01:28AM
.....Well...I am Not sure what I want Now??..........I thought that I wanted a DMC 2B....but after doing a lot of reading old threads it seems that a lot of people prefer the DMC 2....not just because it is Hot and goes deep.......most of these were made during the Jerry Tyndale era and they are just more preferred. Also with no company for service, I heard that the coils on the DMC 2 just stand up longer and are more reliable than the 2B. A lot of these have the U-handle or some call it the Horseshoe handle.....which does not bother me ....I have used detectors since 1970 and have used and seen all of the configurations of the handle. I kinda smirk when I hear that some think that the Nautilus is heavy....I come from back in the day that 6 to 8 pounds was considered normal weight,,,,,......boy that means that a lot of time has come down the pike.....LOL

Re: ...DMC 2 vs DMC 2B??
Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: June 03, 2015 03:23PM
The DMC2 can't touch the DMC IIB when it comes to depth. Its transmit power is fixed where the DMC IIB can be cranked up to 44 volts due to coil balancing. I think the DMC2 is fixed at 6 volts or there abouts. I prefer the IIba myself as all you had to due was hit the button and the loop balance was set perfect everytime. But some prefer the adjustability of the IIB as the Sens. settings are not fixed as they are on the IIba.

Date: June 15, 2015 09:35AM
WOW! Shocked there isn't at least a couple more comment's? I guess Nautilus is dead?

Posted by: filternozzle
Date: June 16, 2015 03:01AM
They are both good machines but the IIB is the deeper seeker. However I like the tone of the DMC2 better, its a real pleasure to use.

Happy Hunting
Minelab GPX-5000 - Backup GPX-4500 with a very large selection of coils.

Posted by: filternozzle
Date: June 19, 2015 01:40AM
Harold,ILL.
WOW! Shocked there isn't at least a couple more comment's? I guess Nautilus is dead?

Reason is detectors are not being produced and backup is nonexistent. Hardly surprising detectorists have moved on to other Manufacturers machines.

Happy Hunting
Minelab GPX-5000 - Backup GPX-4500 with a very large selection of coils.

Date: June 19, 2015 04:22PM
To bad as they have one of the most awesome Tone characteristic's of any detector. I would love to get another IIba,But am gun shy about the coil needin' rebalance every couple years and no one to do it? Jerry Talley is doin' it for now, But what about the future?

Posted by: oneton
Date: June 20, 2015 11:19AM
NAUTILUS IS NOT DEAD IN THE SOUTH,IN OUR CLUB WE HAVE MANY USERS MOSTLY THE 2B AND 2BA.ONE OF THE MEMBERS HAS TUNED A FEW COILS THAT WE HAVE AND THEY WORK GREAT..

Date: June 20, 2015 05:30PM
Post His number so others can get thier's done in case Jerry is busy or gets out of it. Help keep Nautilus alive!

Posted by: flyntgr
Date: August 13, 2015 03:06PM
My personal experience. In Louisiana where we have low minerization of our soil-probably in the 55-85 range at most, I have a test garden with coils buried from 2 to 12", and brass buttons, .58 minnie balls (authentic) and modern .38 special shell casings buried from 13" to 21" and a repro brass plate at 24" deep. My GPX will hit them all, the TDI will hit them to 14", and my Nautilus IIBa will hit them to 20" in all metal mode. That is incredible debt for any VLF machine. My Blisstool won't go that deep, my ATX won't hit them past 14-15" and neither will the TDI or anything else I have tried. The test garden is about 10-11 years old and even has some silver dimes down to 12" deep.
The deepest machine ever is the GPX.
The second deepest machine ever is the Nautie IIBa.
Also tried: E-trac, Shadow 5, MXT Pro, DFX, White's dual field water PI machine, and a few other machines. The IIBa is an AWESOME detector.

God rest Jerry's sole, and may he be as blessed in Heaven as well all hope he will be. Thank you, Tyndall family for keeping up the shop! Reggie

Date: August 14, 2015 08:17PM
Hey flyntgr, I don't know if you read my previous post,But I did breakdown and get another IIBa my third as just couldn't resist. It will be my deepseeker for old wooded picnic groves where the few coins that are left are deep. My old one I had dug a Indian head penny at 12'' with a 8'' coil! They love old deep Indians and V nickels and give this sweet soft Disc. only Tone on Coins at the edge of depth that I'm addicted to!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login