Findmall.com

Nautilus Detector Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Nautilus 6'' coil?
Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: July 16, 2015 01:38PM
I was wondering if the 6'' coil on a IIBa still gets good depth on coin sized target's as I have one coming for my semi trashy sites? Thanks.

Re: Nautilus 6'' coil?
Posted by: virginia digger
Date: July 20, 2015 08:22AM
You will love it. I found mine was as deep as the 8 inch coil. It's a little firecracker !!!

Date: July 20, 2015 04:42PM
Thanks for the reply. I had a 8'' coil on my previous IIBa was wanting another,But all they had in stock was a 6'' coil so thought I would give it a try as never used one on a Nautilus before. I also Imagine it will help a little with the weight and balance more so then the stock 10'' on the s-rod.

Date: July 26, 2015 10:30PM
Well got it and took it out to the test Garden and it is hot as it will hit my 9'' Nickel and 10'' Wheat Penny! These coins are freshly buried this past spring. This is the hottest small coil I have had on any detector. I was runnin' TP at 35 and Disc. at 10 as it hit better at 10 Disc. then lower settings? I guess this is the sweet spot as I turned the TP all the way up and didn't hit any better. It sounded smoother and sweeter at 35 with that soft sweet Disc. only Tone I love so much!

Date: August 27, 2015 06:50PM
Took it out Today on a real hunt and found a Wheatie at 9'' deep! I guess it is a little firecracker. I could tell by the tone I could have hit it at least another inch. Nautilus detector's in my ground are the hottest around on copper and nickel coins as found a 11'' Indian with the 10'' coil last week! I will always have a Nauty in my line up as my deep seeker when I think I got a place cleaned out.

Posted by: nonmetered
Date: August 30, 2015 08:51AM
I never use anything but the small coil on my IIB!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login