Findmall.com

Nautilus Detector Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
just recieved my naughty yesterday and......
Posted by: hunter081
Date: December 13, 2015 08:21AM
Hi all. I traded a civil war Hotchkiss shell for a nautilus DMC 2. Its not the 2b or 2ba. However this machine as I was told was only used maybe 2 times. Its MINT and it is ready to be put in the fields. Being that I know Dennis Cox very well and is a long time nautilus user, ill have him be my personal manual to learn this machine and to fine tune it. What I do like is it has the long handle and not the over curved U type. So wish me luck everyone as I'm super excited to see how well the old DMC 2 will work on relics :)

Re: just recieved my naughty yesterday and......
Posted by: filternozzle
Date: December 13, 2015 10:11AM
Good luck although I am sure you will not need it. All models of the Nautilus are a joy to use..

Happy Hunting
Minelab GPX-5000 - Backup GPX-4500 with a very large selection of coils.

Date: December 13, 2015 01:56PM
Thank you. I truly appreciate it :)

Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: December 13, 2015 02:48PM
One good thing about the DMC II is it doesn't suffer from the coil issue's of the IIB,IIBa models. I take it this is one of the Newer DMCII's on the S-ROD? Depth wise still good even though not as Hot as the IIB.IIBa models,But more dependable. Let us know how it works out for you.

Date: December 13, 2015 04:07PM
thanks Harold,ILL

However I'm not sure if it will get much usage as I'm in love with my xp deus. But....if this model of the nautilus can match the older ones or the deus id use it. My friend Dennis Cox has a very old nautilus with a 8inch head and its not a 2b or 2ba and the machine is incredibly deep. I just have a hard time knowing what hes hearing as its the model with the train noise target ID

Posted by: virginia digger
Date: December 13, 2015 07:57PM
I have a friend in Williamsburg that had a DMC 2 and used it weekly for about 20 years. His Civil War relic collection speaks for itself. He has used a DMC2BA that Jerry built with no issues also. You will love the DMC2.....it is probably as good as any current made machine. The 2B and 2BA have several extra inches of depth since they can be powered to 44 volts. Just spoke to Wayne Lee the other day. He is building new Nautilus machines from his new location and making repairs also. Glad Nautilus continues to survive under some tough conditions with Stephen and Jerry having passed away.

Posted by: HanoverDigger
Date: December 14, 2015 06:26AM
virginia digger
I have a friend in Williamsburg that had a DMC 2 and used it weekly for about 20 years. His Civil War relic collection speaks for itself. He has used a DMC2BA that Jerry built with no issues also. You will love the DMC2.....it is probably as good as any current made machine. The 2B and 2BA have several extra inches of depth since they can be powered to 44 volts. Just spoke to Wayne Lee the other day. He is building new Nautilus machines from his new location and making repairs also. Glad Nautilus continues to survive under some tough conditions with Stephen and Jerry having passed away.
This is definitely some good news!

* White's Mxt* Nautilus 2b w/ GG DMC headphones * Garrett At Max*Lesche Piranah* Garrett propointer* The "bomb" sheath w/Lesche digger* Deteknix W6 pro headphones* Oldest coin 1776 2 Reale

Date: December 14, 2015 09:54AM
I'm excited :)

Date: December 14, 2015 05:42PM
Yes He built Me a coil awhile back.

Posted by: garys relics
Date: December 14, 2015 10:34PM
I agree with VA Digger, this is very good news! My friend in Gettysburg who sells detectors always throws it up in my face about nautilus not being in business no more etc. he never sold them, so he only pushes his stock. Now I can let him know that Nautilus is still around. None of us ever gave up on them. Now maybe someone else will be able to buy a new one and keep us going. Anymore info on Wayne Lee and the return of Nautilus will be welcomed!

Posted by: rhlee222
Date: December 29, 2015 12:37PM
Hi All,
I have an ol Nautilus 1 TRAIN WHISTLE that I would like to get checked out, possibly repaired. Has 8 and 10 inch coils, and I can never seem to get it stable. Who would I contact to have it repaired if needed?

Thanks

Posted by: HanoverDigger
Date: December 29, 2015 01:55PM
rhlee222
Hi All,
I have an ol Nautilus 1 TRAIN WHISTLE that I would like to get checked out, possibly repaired. Has 8 and 10 inch coils, and I can never seem to get it stable. Who would I contact to have it repaired if needed?

Thanks
I would like to know also. Anyone care to chime in on how to get in touch with Wayne@Nautilus? Thanks, Robert

* White's Mxt* Nautilus 2b w/ GG DMC headphones * Garrett At Max*Lesche Piranah* Garrett propointer* The "bomb" sheath w/Lesche digger* Deteknix W6 pro headphones* Oldest coin 1776 2 Reale

Date: December 29, 2015 07:26PM
His number is on Relic Hunter Supply's website.

Posted by: filternozzle
Date: December 30, 2015 01:45PM
For
service work, please
call Wayne Lee at
919 621-4460.
Address is Wayne
Lee, 77 Neighbor
Lane, Four Oaks,
NC 27524.

Happy Hunting
Minelab GPX-5000 - Backup GPX-4500 with a very large selection of coils.

Date: January 19, 2016 09:41AM
getting ready to sell it. Moved to florida no longer need it

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login