Findmall.com

Nautilus Detector Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Mod for the Nautilus
Posted by: HanoverDigger
Date: February 10, 2016 03:36PM
Finally got the brackets today and finished with the modification. Thanks for looking. Robert

T2SE* Nautilus 2b w/ GG DMC headphones * VX3* Lesche Piranah* Garrett propointer* The "bomb" sheath w/Lesche digger* Deteknix W6 pro headphones* Oldest coin 1776 2 Reale

Re: Mod for the Nautilus
Posted by: ThunderDome
Date: February 10, 2016 07:04PM
Looks great Robert, do you like the way it feels? I have converted all of my Nautilus detectors to the Whites setup. I love them...

Date: February 10, 2016 07:16PM
ThunderDome
Looks great Robert, do you like the way it feels? I have converted all of my Nautilus detectors to the Whites setup. I love them...
Thanks TD. When I put just the coil on, it felt really light. Unbelievable to say the least. After doing the box, it still felt incredibly light ! I like it!!

T2SE* Nautilus 2b w/ GG DMC headphones * VX3* Lesche Piranah* Garrett propointer* The "bomb" sheath w/Lesche digger* Deteknix W6 pro headphones* Oldest coin 1776 2 Reale

Posted by: 3RINGER
Date: February 11, 2016 01:47AM
Nice setup!

TD come Friday we should have our mods done and swinging by noon. Can't wait

Date: February 11, 2016 05:16PM
Yeah Tom, I think your going to like it. Only time will tell...

Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: February 12, 2016 02:13PM
Did you use spacers for bottom of Bracket? Or just lock washer's or nothing? Also is this the Whites TDI Upper Rod? Thanks as still need to do mine.

Date: February 12, 2016 03:46PM
I did use the upper TDI, when I drilled the rivrts off of the base for the tdi, I used the plastic spacer between the plate and cut out 2 perfect spacers and drilled each to fit the brackets for the Nautilus.

Date: February 12, 2016 06:27PM
Harold,ILL.
Did you use spacers for bottom of Bracket? Or just lock washer's or nothing? Also is this the Whites TDI Upper Rod? Thanks as still need to do mine.
I put the spacers on top of the brackets just to give a little bit of clearance for the switch in the middle. It's the TDI rod I got from shortcut1224. The holes wouldn't have lined up if I put the spacers on the bottom. I used washers on the screws to cover up the oversized holes I drilled and to keep the screw heads from popping through. No lock washers. I only had the one drill bit. I may back out the screws and use some loktite thread sealant for a more permanent hold. Not a bad setup for a little over 40 bucks! I'm happy.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2016 06:35PM by HanoverDigger.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login