Findmall.com

Nautilus Detector Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Headphones for Nautilus 2ba
Posted by: chickamauga
Date: May 19, 2016 11:03AM
What is the best headphones? Killer B St Optima or Grey Ghost DMC.

Re: Headphones for Nautilus 2ba
Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: May 19, 2016 11:26AM
I always liked the Grey ghost DMCs for the Nautilus. It really brings out the sweet modulated tones.

Posted by: filternozzle
Date: May 21, 2016 02:48AM
chickamauga
What is the best headphones? Killer B St Optima or Grey Ghost DMC.

I have both Grey Ghost and Killer B headphones, out of the two I prefer the Killer B.

Happy Hunting
Minelab GPX-5000 - Backup GPX-4500 with a very large selection of coils.

Posted by: chickamauga
Date: May 22, 2016 06:38PM
I ordered a set of Killer B's but they were out so I got the Grey Ghost. They sound good but I don't like the fact that you can't flip a switch to use them with my other detectors. I did find outhe by experimenting that I can use them with my other detectors by plugging the headphones plug into a mono plug then plugging it into the detector. Both are good headphones.

Posted by: virginia digger
Date: May 23, 2016 05:29AM
I have the Grey Ghost for my Nautilus. It has the switch for mono/stereo. They work with all my detectors. Purchased new over 20 years ago.....Noticed the grey foam inside the ear cups was falling apart. Called the manufacturer at Christmas and explained the problem. He said they use a plastic grill now. I sent them in and he upgraded the grills for free !!! Had them back in less than a week. That is true customer service.

Posted by: woodchiphustler
Date: July 12, 2016 07:12PM
I still used a cheap set of Calrads!

George Tex Kinsey
The Original Buttondigger since 1969
Still on the "right side of the grass"
A Findmall fan and supporter.

Posted by: B Spa
Date: July 16, 2016 03:55PM
They are both very good headphones, you can't go wrong with either. I have both but I use the Killer B most all of the time mainly due to the comfort and fit of the padding and the use of leather next to my skin. I'm follicley challenged.

Posted by: B Spa
Date: July 19, 2016 04:26PM
B Spa
They are both very good headphones, you can't go wrong with either. I have both but I use the Killer B most all of the time mainly due to the comfort and fit of the padding and the use of leather next to my skin. I'm follicley challenged.
I just tried them both out and to my hearing the Killer B have more of a range in the higher tones as well as smaller volume control knobs with more segments and the Grey Ghost have more of a range in the lower tones as well as larger volume control knobs but with fewer segments.

Posted by: Cajundirtdobber
Date: February 14, 2017 10:20PM
I use the Grey Ghost for my Nautilus 2b has no mono,i use Troy headphones for my Troys

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login