Findmall.com

Nautilus Detector Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Discrimination on 2BA
Posted by: chickamauga
Date: May 23, 2016 02:21PM
I have recently decided to try and use my old 2ba. I noticed that no matter how high I turned up the distribution, I would still get an a beep out of the discrimination side. It is not as noticeable as when it is turned down where it beeps better on the target, but it will never just sound off with only the all metal tone. It is more like a chirp. Is that normal?

Re: Discrimination on 2BA
Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: May 23, 2016 03:55PM
Hard to tell with out hearing it. Does it chirp on disc. Side even if not over a target? If so bad coil aka out of balance. But at a site with a lot of nails you should get all metal only over them. Maybe if you got a nail infested site try it there as Nautys won't false on nails like other detectors.

Date: May 23, 2016 04:24PM
I haven't actually tried it out hunting yet. Just trying to learn it again. It only beeps when over a target. I put a Minnie ball on the ground and tried it out. It beeps really good at lower discrimination, but when I turn it up all the way, it still gives a beep, not as good as when the discriminate is lower, but still a chirp. My other detector will completely discriminate a target out. I figure that I should only hear a target in the all metal side of my headphone.

Date: May 23, 2016 06:30PM
I don't think they disc. That high. I always run mine at 20 disc. And let the Tones tell Me if I want to dig or not. I'm a old coin hunter and use mine at sites that are supposedly hunted out and what coins that are left are deep. SO listen for that soft almost disc. Only tone at the edge of depth. If I hear that I get ready to dig deeeeep!

Date: May 23, 2016 07:27PM
Do you mean that they won't completely discriminate out? I hunt Civil War relics. I just want to turn it up enough to knock out the small iron.

Date: May 23, 2016 09:15PM
The iron should give all metal only. At 20 it will knock out small nails but foil and 22 shell casings will still come through. But like I said I hunt old coins so maybe a True Relic Hunter can chime in. I just use the Tones as they are very informative once learned.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login