Findmall.com

Nautilus Detector Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Today a Flying Eagle and Huge Suspender Clasp
Posted by: B Spa
Date: July 16, 2016 04:28PM
I was up and out early with the 11-Ba for two hours at a couple of cellar holes I have not been to for years. My friend who owns the land did not know the history of the holes (2) or their date; they do not show up on the 1866 maps. They are about a mile in the woods but accessible with a four wheel drive vehicle. I had the discrimination up to 35 (because of nails)and the transmit power at 20. About 20 minutes into the hunt there was a large good tone giving way to this huge decorative suspender clasp. Towards the end of the hunt, about 30 yards from the clasp, there was a sharp small good sound and after digging through some roots a coin was noted by my pin pointer. It was fat and I could not make out an indian head but could see one cent on the back, I was hopeful it would be my first Flying Eagle Cent. After a little peroxide the eagle and 1857 came clearly visible.
Thanks for looking, Mike

Re: Today a Flying Eagle and Huge Suspender Clasp
Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: July 16, 2016 06:48PM
Sweet! I have yet to find a Flying Eagle.

Re: Today a Flying Eagle and Huge Suspender Clasp
Posted by: garys relics
Date: July 17, 2016 03:03AM
Nice finds! Keep looking, in the fall and winter you will find more, the grass will be shorter and not as dry. Good hunting, Gary.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login