Findmall.com

Nautilus Detector Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Nauty return's
Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: August 26, 2016 11:55AM
Talked to Wayne and My Nautilus IIBa is on its way home. He balanced the 10" coil and while it was there had Him do a Whites rod conversion as My old shoulder can't swing a S- rod anymore. Can't wait to get out with the 10" coil as it takes it from deep to a Beast!

Etrac
CZ-3D
Golden uMax

Re: Nauty return's
Posted by: bigchuckinva
Date: August 26, 2016 03:17PM
You love the new Whites Rod design it makes the Nautilus super light weigh and I can hunt with 15 coil. I have older DMC2B super old handle to be changed to White Rod. I have new black 10 inch Coil and had all my extra coil balanced by Wayne few month ago and did super job all my coil. All we need is early Fall to start Relic Hunting it been super Hot summer here in V.A. !! Chuck

Posted by: B Spa
Date: August 26, 2016 05:52PM
I would love to see some pictures of your whites conversion. I have two I have converted in the past and it really makes a difference in the ease of swinging.
Enjoy your new set up, Mike

Date: August 26, 2016 10:09PM
Yes I will post a pic when it gets her. I also can't wait for Fall as hate to Detect in the Heat.

Etrac
CZ-3D
Golden uMax

Re: Nauty return'sN/T
Date: August 26, 2016 10:16PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Date: August 26, 2016 11:16PM
That's nice as has reset button in handle. Mine is the easier one as had a set of brackets but not the rods as hard to find. But I had to get coil balanced anyways. So thought I would have Him do since He had the rods already. And a little cheaper that way.

Etrac
CZ-3D
Golden uMax

Posted by: HanoverDigger
Date: August 28, 2016 04:58PM
That's good to hear Harold. I did the rod conversion for mine, myself. I was able to get a used White's rod from a member on here and picked up the brackets from a detector dealer. Only thing is I didn't mess with the re-tune button. That is no big deal for me. Good luck with your new set-up!

T2SE* Nautilus 2b w/ GG DMC headphones * VX3* Lesche Piranah* Garrett propointer* The "bomb" sheath w/Lesche digger* Deteknix W6 pro headphones* Oldest coin 1776 2 Reale

Date: September 04, 2016 12:02PM
Here are picks of set up.
He did it a little different with a bracket type stand. At first didn't like it but it's growing on Me as it doesn't sit as high so fits in bag easier. But most important it swings like a feather especially with 8" coil. Man should have done sooner would have saved wear and tear on My arm.

Etrac
CZ-3D
Golden uMax

Date: September 04, 2016 03:30PM
I mailed my old DMC2B to Wayne a week for tune up and changed to new White Style mount. I post photo when get back vs old handle. I also have one first new Whites made DMC2b when first came out it. I like night and day in balance and hunt all day even this the 15 inch Coil. Chuck

Posted by: B Spa
Date: September 04, 2016 06:00PM
That is a sweet looking setup. Enjoy it, and good luck.
Mike

Posted by: garys relics
Date: September 05, 2016 05:55AM
Hi Big Chuck, where did you get that coil sticker with Nautilus on? I like that and was wondering where I could get three? Also I like your detector make over, looks great. Is that a lot of money and time for Wayne to do? Thanks and good hunting, Gary.

Date: September 05, 2016 10:23AM
Mine was the cheaper set up without the retune button on the grip. The main thing is its hard to find the upper Whites rod as off a TDI which they don't make anymore. I think Wayne only has a couple left.Took it out for a quick spin last lite and this thing swings like a feather. It's amazing what a little balance will do.
I was using 8" coil nothing great but a couple 9"wheat's. Going to get out with the 10" today.

Etrac
CZ-3D
Golden uMax

Date: September 05, 2016 09:37PM
Sadly ,the stickers are no longer made are made by Europe DMC2b user about few years ago. which where only8 each coil. I wish purchased more and had a spare to have someone copy. Chuck

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2016 09:38PM by bigchuckinva.

Posted by: garys relics
Date: September 05, 2016 11:43PM
Thanks Chuck for the info about the coil stickers. Hope you have a good season when the weather gets cooler. Gary

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login