Findmall.com

Nautilus Detector Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Nautilus on brass and lead...
Posted by: Charles (Sabre)(Tx)
Date: January 26, 2017 12:55PM
I've been hunting an old spot that used to house an old saloon back in the 1850's. I've found some nice old seated dimes there in the past...but now the area refuses to give anything up...even with the newer units we have today. I've used a CTX 3030 as well as a Deus on this site and have found nothing but junk and deep rusty old square nails. This made me kinda disappointed as I was certain that there is more to be found there. I pulled out my old trusty Nautilus DMC II and within a matter of minutes found 3 brass items as well as a couple of lead bullets. Why the other units didn't pull these out for me was the question on my mind. But the Nautilus at 14kHz seemed to like that brass and lead. I only ran the Deus at 4 and 12 kHz...but it missed these items. I'm not knocking the other machines...just wanted to let folks know that the Nautilus' will do a good job when the other units may fail. The ground was of low mineralization...but had a lot of square nails.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2017 12:55PM by Charles (Sabre)(Tx).

Re: Nautilus on brass and lead...
Posted by: filternozzle
Date: January 27, 2017 07:57AM
I have found tne Nautilus to be better in depth and discrimination than any other VLF machine I have used except for the latest Nexus MP. Not a true comparison as the Nexus MP comes with a 13" coil as standard.

Happy Hunting
Minelab GPX-5000 - Backup GPX-4500 with a very large selection of coils.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login