Findmall.com

Nautilus Detector Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Nautilus DMC IIB coil adjustment limit
Posted by: shelton7522
Date: April 04, 2017 02:39PM
How to check that you coil isn't broken? If coil adjustment knobs are at zero start position are almost 9 o'clock that is not good? In this position I didn't get overload sound and can star tot calibrate it...

This coil is broken or not?

I'm starting from 9 in 12 direction to calibrate it right.

12 o'clock on both knobs is perfect, closer to 9 is bad, etc
Posted by: jtalley007
Date: April 04, 2017 09:28PM
Easiest way is start at 6 volts, most coils balance ok here.

Turn up little by little and repeat the process. If ok, you will make it to 44 volts, if not you'll know it

Jerry

Re: Nautilus DMC IIB coil adjustment limit
Posted by: bigchuckinva
Date: April 04, 2017 11:42PM
It best to first set R/C controls at dead center 12 0 clock. Normal you can set Coil balance at 25-30 Transmit Power with no overload sound, at 44 . On Avg If your R/C Controls set below 3 o clock on the right and the below 9 o clock you should have coil rebalanced. You may still hunt with R/C set low on both but thresholds and some false will be on high tone Disc side. When you coil balance and peak level balanced the R/C should set closer to dead middle 12o clock settings or just to 2 o clock on right or 10 o clock to left. Hope this info help. Chuck

Date: April 05, 2017 12:57AM
My starting point is above 9 o'clock. At 12 o'clock I have overload sound... but from 9 to 12 is ok and I can adjust even for 44.

Date: April 05, 2017 09:35PM
Contact Wayne Lee.. In sure you coil need to rebalanced since it should be null at 12 o clock on both R/C

Date: April 06, 2017 01:22AM
Almost the same situation you have here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3bctZt4BNU

Date: April 08, 2017 10:29PM
It best not have auto tune switch on when setting SLB

Re: 12 o'clock on both knobs is perfect, closer to 9 is bad, etc
Posted by: HanoverDigger
Date: July 29, 2017 04:58PM
jtalley007
Easiest way is start at 6 volts, most coils balance ok here.

Turn up little by little and repeat the process. If ok, you will make it to 44 volts, if not you'll know it

Jerry
After I got mine back from Wayne, I took it outside to test it out. The R&C controls needed very little adjustment. What I didn't notice at the time, the transmit power was all the way to 44 and it ran smooth as all get out! Can't wait to put it to the test in the fall.

T2SE* Nautilus 2b w/ GG DMC headphones * Lesche Piranah* Garrett propointer* The "bomb" sheath w/Lesche digger* Deteknix W6 pro headphones* Oldest coin 1776 2 Reale

Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: September 13, 2017 01:17PM
bigchuckinva
It best to first set R/C controls at dead center 12 0 clock. Normal you can set Coil balance at 25-30 Transmit Power with no overload sound, at 44 . On Avg If your R/C Controls set below 3 o clock on the right and the below 9 o clock you should have coil rebalanced. You may still hunt with R/C set low on both but thresholds and some false will be on high tone Disc side. When you coil balance and peak level balanced the R/C should set closer to dead middle 12o clock settings or just to 2 o clock on right or 10 o clock to left. Hope this info help. Chuck

Once you coil balance, do you set it and forget it for future hunts?

Date: September 13, 2017 01:19PM
Not. You should it often after start. First hour few times than next recheck sometimes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login