Findmall.com

Nautilus Detector Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Nautilus steel coil screw... YES or NO
Posted by: shelton7522
Date: June 04, 2017 03:38PM
I was replace it my steel coil screw on new plastic. But I have one question. Maybe machine was balanced - coil for this steel screw?

Re: Nautilus steel coil screw... YES or NO
Posted by: bigchuckinva
Date: June 04, 2017 05:02PM
I would use standard stock steel Bolt and Screw. The coil may be slight off if use plastics bolt/ screw vs metal . ??? Why would switch to plastic coil screw. bolt.?? there no gain and plastic then bolt with not last and hold coil it fix angle ect.

Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: June 04, 2017 09:48PM
Yes I would leave it as is.

Etrac
CZ-3D
Golden uMax

Date: June 05, 2017 12:46AM
I was think first that bolt should be non metal object... so I was repleace it...

Posted by: rockyj
Date: June 11, 2017 03:18PM
The coil is not balanced on the shaft. As long as the bolt doesn't move from side to side or up and down the coil doesn't see it. A stainless bolt holds tighter than plastic.

Coil's are balanced with a stock shaft and stock stainless steel screw, it all makes a huge difference!
Posted by: jtalley007
Date: June 12, 2017 09:13PM
I watched Jerry balance the coils and he helped me learn to balance them. It's no easy task and everything is critical.

Jerry used some all fiberglass lower rods for a short time so ones that had them were balanced with them

Once you test a regular aluminum shaft with one of these you can see it go out of balance as you move the aluminum rod closer.

Also, it's very critical to use the exact stainless coil bolt he used, different bolts have different compositions of metals, that will mess it up.

You can believe me or not, I've been there and done that and am one of the few that can balance a Nautilus coil, but it's a pain so I quit except for myself when I drum up the energy.

Got one coil that I could balance but when I went to put the bottom back on it would go back out.

Finally figured it must be conductive graphite since the old stuff was discontinued. I gave up on that one, the only one that ever beat me.

Hope this helps

Posted by: bigchuckinva
Date: June 12, 2017 09:50PM
Jerry great post and Info Most user's of the powerful DMC2B have no clue that coil used in Nautilus are and still the only true "super handcraft " coil ever made and design and high power to get super depth and super stable. The coil balance is key and even smallest change can it balance.!!!!!

Re: Coil's are balanced with a stock shaft and stock stainless steel screw, it all makes a huge difference!
Date: June 13, 2017 01:20AM
Thank you guys very interesting topic indeed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login