Findmall.com

Nautilus Detector Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Nautilus detectors back in stock.
Posted by: HanoverDigger
Date: October 09, 2017 06:37AM
Wayne has added some 2b's in his stock along with some new coils. 2ba's soon to follow. Check out his FB page.

T2SE* Nautilus 2b w/ GG DMC headphones * Lesche Piranah* Garrett propointer* The "bomb" sheath w/Lesche digger* Deteknix W6 pro headphones* Oldest coin 1776 2 Reale

Re: Nautilus detectors back in stock.
Posted by: filternozzle
Date: October 09, 2017 11:27AM
HanoverDigger
Wayne has added some 2b's in his stock along with some new coils. 2ba's soon to follow. Check out his FB page.

If they are anything like the quality of the two coils I purchased for my DMCs II-B last December, forget it. Biggest waste of good money I ever spent.

Happy Hunting
Minelab GPX-5000 - Backup GPX-4500 with a very large selection of coils.

Posted by: bigchuckinva
Date: October 09, 2017 12:24PM
I have had Wayne rebalance my older Thin/Thick White 10 coils and been and have 2 new Black Coil that are super stable no issue. You might get contact with Wayne ref your coil. All people who use Nautilus I talked to are please with work Wayne does Chuck

Date: October 09, 2017 12:42PM
I still have the thicker style coil I may send in. I had it re- balanced years ago when Jerry was still around.

T2SE* Nautilus 2b w/ GG DMC headphones * Lesche Piranah* Garrett propointer* The "bomb" sheath w/Lesche digger* Deteknix W6 pro headphones* Oldest coin 1776 2 Reale

Posted by: filternozzle
Date: October 09, 2017 04:08PM
bigchuckinva
I have had Wayne rebalance my older Thin/Thick White 10 coils and been and have 2 new Black Coil that are super stable no issue. You might get contact with Wayne ref your coil. All people who use Nautilus I talked to are please with work Wayne does Chuck

Like you I ordered and received 2 new Black Coils for my Nautilus detectors. However, my old coils outperformed the new Black Coils which was very disappointing. On top of this the manufacture of the coils, that is the joining of the top to the bottom is terrible, the coils are uneven, that is to say the thickness of the coil varies a good deal from one side to the other. The mastic doesn't completely seal the top and bottom and one coil rattles. They are that bad, I have never used them in the field and never will.

The only reason I haven't put them up for sale is because they are that bad, even to look at the way the mastic is applied, its all over the place.

I haven't tried to get money back from Wayne because I considered if he was willing to send out coils in such bad condition he would probably be difficult to deal with on a refund.

I paid something like $400, plus I had to pay a further 20% in taxes and customs duty here in the UK, in my book this was a total waste of money.

Look at my history, you will see that I have been a Nautilus man for many years and have a collection of ten Nautilus detectors.

Happy Hunting
Minelab GPX-5000 - Backup GPX-4500 with a very large selection of coils.

Date: October 10, 2017 04:37PM
Sorry that your coils came back in such bad shape. Did you talk with Wayne to try and get them replaced? I checked mine out really good last night and it looks just fine...and solid. Took it out last week for it's first hunt. I didn't set the world on fire but I came out with 2 CW bullets in a well hunted spot. Ran smooth. Good luck!

Posted by: bigchuckinva
Date: October 10, 2017 10:06PM
I have had New black 10 inch Coil over one year old and perfect balance and more stable then my older thicker coil. I have extra made for my back up DMC2B. I enclosed few photo of new black Coil. My Coils and have even seal around entire coil and no un-even thickness and no field usage. I hunt woods and super thick brush and ran full 44 power and super stable. I hunt with lot know many DMC2B users whom been using Wayne's new made black coil and no issue being less in depth our lack in depth as older coils. Contact Wayne Im sure address you matter ref your coils. Here few photo of my Black coils showing even coil edges and perfect round ect. Chuck

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2017 10:10PM by bigchuckinva.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login