Findmall.com

Nautilus Detector Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
DMC II Coils?
Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: November 07, 2017 09:55PM
Something I have always wondered.
Since DMC II Coils do not have to be balanced like the IIB,IIBa do they not have to be balanced every couple years like IIBs do? In others words last like a Normal Detector coil?

Etrac
CZ-3D
Golden uMax

Re: DMC II Coils?
Posted by: bigchuckinva
Date: November 07, 2017 10:57PM
The old DMC2 Coils are different the DMC2B. I had used DMC2 for years and had coil check and slightly off this readjusted after 6 years heavy use , but machine was work fine even coil be off balance by little . The DMC2B 3 times much more Power then older DMC2. The 2B/ 2BA have much less room for coil being out of balanced due greater amount power transmitting to coil. The DMC2b/Ba coils also have stable Board inside coil that work with R/C controls to perfect balance coil with power and outside temp and run stable. This was and big break in Metal Detection Tech by Jerry Tynall , still today DMC2b/2BA are in view un-match pure depth in good /avg soils. The Secret is DMC2B./2Ba Coils ,never been copy by others due to each coil is Hand Craft and many hour in labor to make each one .I found tons great Relics with DMC2 and at time best in Relic Machine good soils until the DMC2B come out. Hope this Info help. Chuck

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2017 11:18PM by bigchuckinva.

Date: November 10, 2017 07:34PM
How did You set the two Sensitivity dails on the DMC II You had. I know the Pre-set on IIBs is 9 and 3 but what about the DMC II?

Etrac
CZ-3D
Golden uMax

Date: November 10, 2017 10:34PM
I set with same settings As my DMC2B 3# on All Metal Sen . #8 on Disc Sen.

Date: November 11, 2017 02:16PM
Yeah I heard 8 Sens instead of 9 on Disc. Sens. gives more Modulated Audio? You find this to Be true as I only had the IIBa.

Etrac
CZ-3D
Golden uMax

Date: November 11, 2017 02:57PM
I all ways set my Disc. Sen on 8 on my DMC2B. You may get few a "false" chirps in high tone at 9 level. I normal set both All Metal/ Disc Setting to be stable and ran Transmit Power to Highest Level on my DMC2B. If get into super hard hit camp and or some great relics where dug in the past or wish never revisit or cant get back into. I will hunt with my All Metal Sen. 4 -5 and get "Scare" depth you will dig lots deep nail or big iron but end day you car sleep at night you did leave good deep target in the soil and may finds a killer deep button. plate or coin.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login