Findmall.com

Nautilus Detector Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
NAUTILUS AND GOLD QUESTION ??
Posted by: Bob (OHIO)
Date: October 09, 2006 08:40AM
Seeing how I'm still trying to learn my new 11B,and I don't have a small gold coin,I have to ask this question."About" where on the discrimination dial numbers will I disc.out a small($2.50) gold coin?Every time I take this machine out now,I wonder to myself,Have I disc.out any gold coins this trip??The last time out I was running at 70 to 80 to get away from the pulltabs.I like to hunt the picnic areas when things get slow.There's alot of good "stuff" lost there that nobody wants to take the time for. HH Bob

if I were to quess...
Posted by: KentuckyDigger
Date: October 09, 2006 07:15PM
I would say that gold disks out like a nickle but not sure. 70 or 80 seems extremely high for gold. I hunt fields at about 12 to 15 but there are not a whole lot of beavertails or tabs out there. Maybe someone out there who coin shoots could chime in. Have they harvested any bean fields yet?

Jim

Hey Jim
Posted by: Bob (OHIO)
Date: October 10, 2006 08:49AM
They have a start on them.Not sure how many they'll pick this week.I was up checking on one field that used to have 2 houses in it.They were picking the beans on one end of the field and behind the combine were planting winter wheat.BUMMER :rage:!!! HH Bob :rant:

Re: NAUTILUS AND GOLD QUESTION ??
Posted by: filternozzle
Date: November 23, 2015 10:39AM
Bob (OHIO)
Seeing how I'm still trying to learn my new 11B,and I don't have a small gold coin,I have to ask this question."About" where on the discrimination dial numbers will I disc.out a small($2.50) gold coin?Every time I take this machine out now,I wonder to myself,Have I disc.out any gold coins this trip??The last time out I was running at 70 to 80 to get away from the pulltabs.I like to hunt the picnic areas when things get slow.There's alot of good "stuff" lost there that nobody wants to take the time for. HH Bob

I am aware this is an old post. However, at 70 you would be lucky to get a small gold coin on the surface. Personally I would not have my discrimination any higher than 22 although I normally have it between 10 - 15.

Happy Hunting
Minelab GPX-5000 - Backup GPX-4500 with a very large selection of coils.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login