Findmall.com

Nautilus Detector Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Does Nautilus Have a Future?
Posted by: Michigan Badger
Date: February 18, 2009 10:24AM
I think most of us here like Nautilus or we wouldn't be a part of this forum.

But I was just wondering what your thoughts are in regard to the future of this company?

Lets think within the framework of the next two decades (20 years).

Will they continue as they are now or do you think they'll go out of business before 2029?

This could be interesting and I'm really interested in what you think. I'm sure many others are as well.

Badger

Re: Does Nautilus Have a Future?
Posted by: brnn53
Date: February 18, 2009 04:50PM
I sure hope they have a future. I was by the shop 2 weeks ago and Steve is having to handle all the repairs and sales by himself as Don is still recovering from his illness. Unfortunately Steve is recovering from radiation due to prostate problems and he is not up to strength yet. They hope to hire someone soon to help with the business. There were a bunch of machines, including mine, waiting for repairs. Steve said that sales are still coming in and interestingly enough, not all the dealers are aware of the "Whites" type rod configuration that is available now. I have swung it and it is sweet. I asked about the down website and was told that the server went out of business without notifying Nautilus! They won't even release the Nautilus name without a fee being paid. It will be sorted out eventually but Steve is miffed and I don't blame him.

These guys sell the deepest machine on the market. I can't imagine them going out of business. They need someone with electronics experience to help them out, preferably a retired person. This is a small operation and I like that. There is a personal touch to it and everyone from Dottie, Don, and Steve are super nice folks. Don't give up on Nautilus. I'm not. I am buying a new Naughty and will use my older one for a backup.
Mike

Great post Mike, and thanks.N/T
Date: February 18, 2009 05:16PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

I guess this is a subject just not thought about much :unsure:N/T
Date: February 19, 2009 12:43PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

The Nautilus will continue but
Date: February 24, 2009 07:54AM
the latest thing is mega fast recovery with good depth.

The machines that will impact the hobby today are the Fisher F75 and F70.

Nothing made compares to them when it comes to working iron trash areas. And lets face it, how many areas are not loaded with trash iron?

Depth wise Nautilus still holds the lead and it probably will until something better than VLF comes along.

Re: The Nautilus will continue but
Posted by: jimmyk
Date: February 24, 2009 01:22PM
My F 75 with the 11" coil will matchc my DMC IIb with a 15" coil with regards to depth. I'm sure different ground conditions give somewhat different results.

jimmyk in Missouri

That depends to on settings and how one hunts. The Nautilus
Date: February 25, 2009 03:04PM
goes a lot deeper with a faster swing speed. My buddy has the F70 which is the same depth as the F75. He gets about 12 inches on quarter and so do I at slow swing speed. If I increase swing speed I can beat him by 6 inches using the 10-inch coil.

Most expereinced users don't depend entirely on the Nautilus discrimination mode but work it with the all-metal mode which is much deeper. Super deep targets are found with all-metal mode and checked with a super fast swing listening to the discrimination "ping" or "tick." This is how the Nautilus IIB beats the competition.

A skilled Nautilus user can beat a F75 by 6 inches if he really knows the Nautilus. Even a simple air test will show this.

Find small tight targets in all-metal and check them with a fast swing or two in discrimination with it set on full power. Listen for the slightest "tick" and check by removing a few inches of topsoil. This can hit buttons at 16-22 inches deep.

No VLF matches the DMC system when properly used.

Use a Nautilus IIB with a slow swing speed listening mostly to the discrimination to "ping" loudly and you're the same as using the F75.

It's either all of the above or I'm too brand loyal. :)

Posted by: Shenandoah Digger
Date: February 25, 2009 10:01PM
In the hands of an experienced user, the Nautilus will put all other machines to shame. I've seen it happen over and over for over 20 years.

I beleieve you're right Richrad. But right now almost everybody is going nuts over Fisher. I think come
Date: February 26, 2009 10:17AM
next fall they'll be a pile of F70's & F75's for sale. Not so much due to disatisfaction with them but mostly due to job loses and the such.

I've tested my current IIB and I already know it's at least 4 inches deeper than the F75 but the fad has it's attraction if you know what I mean? :drinking:

Badger

Posted by: Shenandoah Digger
Date: March 17, 2009 05:09PM
Well after the latest $130 price increase, I have my doubts as to the future of Nautilus. Hope they make it.

Posted by: brnn53
Date: March 17, 2009 05:17PM
I just replied to your question on another site. I thought for the longest time that they would be around "till the cows come home" but I'm wondering if they can make it now without being bought out.
Mike

Posted by: bayoukid
Date: April 28, 2009 02:15PM
brnn53
I just replied to your question on another site. I thought for the longest time that they would be around "till the cows come home" but I'm wondering if they can make it now without being bought out.
Mike

I give them maybe another 2 years. Lets hope the next owners don't make it in Mexico.

---kid

New dealer
Posted by: UK Brian
Date: May 08, 2009 03:59AM
There's a new dealer in the U.K.. Before you either imported from the U.S. or Italy. This should help boost sales.

At the moment I have two DMC 2B's just in case one goes wrong and has to be returned. With other U.S. manufactures returned for repairs the turn round has been between 14 days and four months !

Posted by: R-bass
Date: January 13, 2010 11:56AM
I know nautilus claims it goes deep my only problem is to finicky on set up and coil problems out of tune problems but when they are working they are the best at going deep for relic.
As a die hard detectorest i honestly think they need to get there act together Unstableness is what comes to mind when i think of Nautilus and so so quality.........ps i like the the nautilus but what i am seeing they are going down

Posted by: Tfor2
Date: January 20, 2010 08:05PM
I believe Nautilus has a future if by future you mean another 5 to 10 years. If the company doesn't make some changes soon First Texas Products and others will run them out of business within the next decade. They may keep making a token number of units but the market share will be very small.

First Texas is aggressive and moving ahead with the times. In the end technology is what wins the game. I didn't used to think this way but now I believe the top models made by First Texas will be the company to watch and they will lead. These are the times of big surprises.

What I'd love to see is Tesoro get aggressive.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login