Findmall.com

Whatzit Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
MYSTERY RING FOUND IN SWIMMING BEACH
Posted by: swanie1
Date: January 04, 2012 10:24AM
A number of years, ago, I dredged this ring from an old, closed, swimming beach. The winged propeller almost looks like some sort of Air Force insignia but it is an adjustable ring. It appears to be made of a bronze or copper metal. Does anyone have a clue as to what it is?Huh

Re: MYSTERY RING FOUND IN SWIMMING BEACH
Posted by: Marcus Detectus
Date: January 04, 2012 04:37PM
Might try Googling "aviator's rings.

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: January 04, 2012 06:42PM
Try Google, WW ll Army Air Force. I also think there was a premium ring in the 50's that was similar.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030, :whites: V3i

Posted by: 1859large
Date: January 04, 2012 08:09PM
The fact that it is adjustable suggests it is a kids toy, something from a cereal box, although it does have a certain quality finish.

It only shows that years ago when things where still made in this country we did have pride in what we made. Now it is made by the lowest bidder, usually China, out of crap metal that would not last the year. Such where the days.

Nice find all the same. Any writing on the back?

Posted by: GoGoGopher
Date: January 04, 2012 08:49PM
Even when I was in the service in 1990, we had these wings on our lapels...Army Aviators wings...Not just pilots...anything to do with Army aviation wore them...

HH,

Deactivated at users request 08/26/12

Posted by: kntchas
Date: January 05, 2012 07:46PM
Seeing that ring reminded Me of My visits to the Dentist when I was a kid (60's to early 70's)..
After He was finished with the visit He let the Kids choose a ring.....They looked similar to Your Find,with various designs

Posted by: majormatt
Date: January 26, 2012 01:12AM
I had a friend named Alan R. In dayton in 86-88. He used tohit the old air corps barracks site on the base. What you have is a ww2 aircorps aviators sweetheart ring. Made for the ladies and children. Ajustable. Mens-pilots rings were the same but not ajustable. Goodluck. Hello to Alan R if your still out there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login