Findmall.com

Whatzit Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
PLEASE ID IS NEEDED
Posted by: usa-usn-vet
Date: February 16, 2012 11:48AM
THIS RELIC WAS FOUND WHILE RELIC HUNTING AN OLD COLONIAL SITE WHERE QUITE A FEW COLONIAL BUTTONS WERE DUG.

Re: PLEASE ID IS NEEDED
Posted by: Idprospector
Date: February 20, 2012 01:52AM
Looks like a drawer pull plate, Missing the pull handle. Idigid

Posted by: fowlercharles
Date: February 20, 2012 01:25PM
Hi Vet, It is very similar to a what I believe to be a Pin used to secure a womans scarff.They are usually very light weight thin gauge copper,with a pin in the middle for securing a ladies scarff or shawl.Some of them may have some bead or glass work etc. to dress them up a bit. I never saw glass or bead work on a drawer/ door pull and they are usually pretty well built and of brass, not copper. Yours looks to be of thin copper with the long clasp pin missing. Second look makes me wonder if it could have been worn in the Ladies hair, or on her Hat , secured with one of those long "hatpins" shoved in and out through those holes to secure it. HH, Charlie

Posted by: usa-usn-vet
Date: February 21, 2012 09:25AM
Thank you for the information, most helpful i tend to agree with you.

I think Charles has it "pinned".
Posted by: 1859large
Date: February 21, 2012 11:53AM
Late 19th century. I have found a number of pieces of jewelery made like this, cheaply made, thin brass, probably plated or painted but no trace usually remains of the coating. The area where I have found much of this stuff was settled in the later 1800s and vacant by 1920s. All the coins found there date 1850s to 1910s.

HH

Posted by: dosher100
Date: February 24, 2012 08:08PM
I think it is a drawer handle . Nice find

Terry Dosher , south east Mississippi

Posted by: 1859large
Date: February 25, 2012 06:38PM
Do drawer pull plates have beads on them?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login