Findmall.com

Whatzit Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
What is this?
Posted by: Dwayne2010
Date: February 18, 2012 12:04PM
Just wondering if anyone knows what this is for?

While it could be used as a holder for tying fly fish lures
Posted by: Darkflight
Date: February 18, 2012 03:36PM
It's a roach clip I'd wager....

Keeps from burning your finger tips while getting the last of that doobie-Or so I was told.....

Re: What is this?
Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: February 18, 2012 04:07PM
I bet a lot of people know, let's see how many will admit they know........:devil:

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030, :whites: V3i, :whites: Pro XL :tesoro: Cibola/modified

Posted by: Steve O
Date: February 18, 2012 06:59PM
A tic remover?

Posted by: Aarong81
Date: February 19, 2012 03:06AM
Larry (IL)
I bet a lot of people know, let's see how many will admit they know........:devil:

Your comment made me wander what could be so hard to admit, So I thought of embarrassing things. How about the first feminine cleanliness product inserter! LOL Althouigh I think it is too short.

But I would guess tweezers. It looks like it was carried on a necklace. Who would carry feminine products around thier neck?

Posted by: hershey1
Date: February 19, 2012 03:48AM
If it is not a roach clip it would make a good one. JMHO

Date: February 19, 2012 08:35AM
The pincher on this looks to be way to small to grab a roach. It might be a 5 mm openeing at the most.

Posted by: SWAMP HAWK
Date: February 20, 2012 01:34AM
hahahahahahaha this is great!!! everyone talking about roach's!!!!!LOL!!!:drool:

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: February 20, 2012 07:43AM
I would have thought roach clips goes back before your time grasshopper Luke :biggrin: pre-hitter days.......

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030, :whites: V3i, :whites: Pro XL :tesoro: Cibola/modified

Posted by: ronaldj2
Date: February 20, 2012 03:33PM
If you can catch a roach with those, you would be faster than Mr. Miyagi. Wax on Wax off !! :smoke:

Posted by: jajayo
Date: February 20, 2012 11:11PM
When reassembling an item which uses phillips head screws, this holds the screw while reinserting it.

Date: February 21, 2012 09:24AM
Kind of like vice grips? What is with the round link half in the middle of it?

Posted by: 1859large
Date: February 21, 2012 02:59PM
Find a drug dog, he will tell you?

Don't carry it on a plane or handle it before flying. They will rip your stuff to pieces if the dog likes you!

HH

Posted by: laserfeller
Date: February 23, 2012 07:30PM
I believe it is a tool used by fly fishermen. Some trout flies are too small to hold with your fingers while tying it to the end of your line (tippet). By clamping the jaws of the tool to the hook end of the fly, you then have a way of holding the fly while threading your line through the eye of the hook and tying your knot. You attach a retractable cord (zinger) to the ring in the middle of the tool and pin the zinger to your fishing vest for easy access. I use a similar tool when I fly fish.

Posted by: Ant
Date: February 24, 2012 01:07PM
Where's Taz420 when you need him? LOL

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login