Findmall.com

Whatzit Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Is this a hood ornament, or ... ??
Posted by: Paul in NJ
Date: August 15, 2017 04:52PM
This find came from my dad's yard (among the other stuff found). It might be a hood ornament (a lot of cars & trucks were worked on there, over the decades).

It's not very visible, but there are weld marks on the hands that indicate something was held between them.

Any ideas??

Paul Havemann
Member, ECRDA Committee
http://www.ecrda.org/

Re: Is this a hood ornament, or ... ??
Posted by: pplinker
Date: August 15, 2017 07:52PM
That pose is similar to the coal miners decals you see on trucks here in WV. Except she doesn't have a headlamp or any clothes. Probably not a hood ornament because it looks like it could be from the 20's or 30's and even today, it is not common to see a naked lady hood ornament where people are driving right around in public. That might have been a decoration for a bar or nightclub.

Greetings and good luck from West Virginia

XP Dius, Minelab 704 with 3khz 9 inch coil, 18 KHZ 5 inch coil, 5 inch coiltek coil, 18 kHz 5 x 9 coil. Original Garrot pinpointer, Garrot pinpointer pro and M16 pinpointer

1831 large cent, 1838 seated silver dime, 1901 barber dime, 1864 two-cent piece,1886,1900 and 1904 Indian head pennies, 3 silver Washington quarters, 3 Roosevelt dimes. 30 or 40 wheats, 10K black hills gold ring, 1974 10K gold class ring, 1870 Artillery button, 1940 and 1944 Mercury dime, ?? three cent piece

I am a 61 year old wife and mother with two daughters and three granddaughters. I'm thankful for all God's blessings.

Posted by: nagant
Date: August 19, 2017 04:18PM
IDK, kinda got that 1920's hood ornament look. there were aftermarket options too, also radiator caps with temperature gauges that had ornaments. old trophy maybe.

Posted by: rferrari
Date: October 07, 2017 05:19AM
Naked lady tells me it is not a retail piece on a vehicle. I am curious as to what else is in the ground at the same level in the same area. Novelty items post ww2 are consistent with this pose. Peace

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login