Findmall.com

Whites XLT Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Coil repaired .. WOW !
Posted by: Hopskippy
Date: November 18, 2011 10:20PM
I bought a 5.3 Black Max coil a while back on Ebay, it was suppose to work, but didn't. Monte suggested that I call Whites and see about a possible repair. I called Whites in Sweet Home, talked with Mary about it, She had me send it to them to be repaired for a cost of 25.00 plus return shipping.I hadn't heard back from them until today when I received my coil in the mail with a letter telling me it was repaired and there would be "no charge". How SWEET is that? It just so happens that tomorrow is my birthday, what a nice surprise gift.

I couldn't wait to try that small coil out so I loaded Montes 5.3 Bushwhack and went out in my front yard, where everyone except you guys have been over and over again with several different detectors. I picked out 12 pennies from spots I'd of bet there were no coins left. It was quite surprising!
I was actually digging pull tabs and nails out with the coins. It seemed like if I could get a good tone at all, I'd dig and there would be a coin along with some kind of trash.What makes it even more surprising, they were all cheap, new pennies. I only found one good copper penny, a 1968 and it sang out like a dime from 5.5 inches, right where the depth meter said.
Looks like my ole 950 is gonna get some downtime.
Thanks Monte for the GREAT suggestion! :super:
I really love this coil!

MINELAB E-TRAC
Sun Ray X-1 target probe

WHITES SPECTRUM XLT
Sun Ray XL-1 target probe

GARRETT PRO pointer

YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH_37PWuVLqgcmWqe-jJ-mg/feed

Happy Hunting

Re: Coil repaired .. WOW !
Posted by: triplehooked
Date: November 19, 2011 07:26AM
That's typical of Whites, and great to hear none the less. I was contemplating between a V machine and Etrac for a future purchase. Stories like these (and a top quality product) are what solidified my decision :whites:. I've heard great things from Monte and others about the 5.3 coil. I sure could use one for my property as it is littered with trash (underground :rolleyes:). The 950 coil does what it can, but I know I'm missing stuff due to multiple targets. I hope you have a great hunt on your birthday!

Date: November 19, 2011 08:07AM
triplehooked
That's typical of Whites, and great to hear none the less. I was contemplating between a V machine and Etrac for a future purchase. Stories like these (and a top quality product) are what solidified my decision :whites:. I've heard great things from Monte and others about the 5.3 coil. I sure could use one for my property as it is littered with trash (underground :rolleyes:). The 950 coil does what it can, but I know I'm missing stuff due to multiple targets. I hope you have a great hunt on your birthday!

Before yesterday, I was a wonderer about the 5.3. Now, I can tell you with certainty, you are missing a lot in your ground by not having the 5.3! Do yourself a great favor and get one. My son and I both have XLT's, he has the royal 800 and I have the 5.3, as well as the 950's.
Like me, he won't be swapping his 800 with the 950 very often either. One kind of thinks, small coil less depth, Monte has it 100% correct when he says "actually, the deep coins aren't really that deep". Most of them are being mask by trash. I know this for certain now.
In my world, separation out weighs depth with the trashy areas I tend to hunt.
HH

MINELAB E-TRAC
Sun Ray X-1 target probe

WHITES SPECTRUM XLT

GARRETT PRO pointer

Happy Hunting

Posted by: widebody
Date: November 20, 2011 12:07AM
seems it's hard to put trust into words from others and things like the small coils. then one is amazed when one tries out the small coils and finds good targets. it does help believing the people when their words come trus.

HH

Garrett AT Pr o
Garrett Pro pin pointer.x2
Whites V3i

AIN'T THIS HOBBY GREAT?

THE ONLY DUMB QUESTION IS THE ONE YOU DON'T ASK.
Kelso, Wa.
where the sun don't shine most of the time.

1st.. Happy Birthday a day late. ** 2nd.. Glad to hear you're now well prepared. :thumbup:
Posted by: Monte
Date: November 20, 2011 07:37AM
I love my XLT and my 950 coil. I like the 950 because it looks so nice, all clean and unused on a spare lower rod in case I decide to hit the beach and want it for coverage.

I love my XLT with the Royal 800 8" coil better because it balances well and gets virtually all the performance of the 950.

I love my XLT with 5.3 BullsEye coil the best because that 6" diameter coil works in and around trash so well, balances nearly perfect, and with the increased Pre-Amp Gain settings, when I can, allows for a much slower sweep speed to work in and around and through trash, brush and building rubble.

I also like my other 5.3 BullsEye coil the best on a modified IDX Pro because that model is a dedicated slow-motion, quick-response killer in dense iron trash, fun for slow quick work in tot-lots, and the IDX Pro is a perfect compliment to the XLT.

My #1 detecting buddy, Aundrea, likes the Royal 800 on her XLT and 5.3 BullsEye on her Classic ID.

My #5 detecting buddy, Chris (#1's spouse and he's moving up my list into the 'girls' ranking now) prefers a thinner coil and like the Royal 800 on his IDX Pro.

Five other good detecting friends with XLT's and/or Classic ID's and IDX Pro's all favor only the 8" or 6" coils on them, especially the 6". Like me, their 950's are kept on a spare lower rod in case the urge is there to use it, or, like I also do, my 950 is here on the corner of my computer table as a decorative 'paper weight.' :rofl:

I hope you have some good weather in the coming months and don't get snowed in or rained on a lot. That way you can work that XLT and 5.3 BullsEye coil a lot to get to know it/them better.

Monte

PS: A natural tip-of-the-hat to the fine folks down the road from me at White's. The best quality and service in the industry. Thanks, Mary!

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells

Just a name that brings back fond memories of old alkali desert favorite sites in Utah, Nevada, and Eastern Oregon. There is no pastime I enjoy more hunting old sites as best I can, doing research, and helping others learn more about this great hobby.:
My 'Tag-Along' buddies: White's VX3 -- MXT All-Pro -- MX5 -- Tesoro Euro Sabre -- with a working assortment of search coils.

My 'On-Call' for periodic duty: Compass Coin Hustler -- 99B -- Teknetics Euro-Tek Pro -- all with an 8" coil or a smaller size.

monte@stinkwaterwells.com
(503) 481-8147

Re: 1st.. Happy Birthday a day late. ** 2nd.. Glad to hear you're now well prepared. :thumbup:
Date: November 20, 2011 09:44AM
Monte
I love my XLT and my 950 coil. I like the 950 because it looks so nice, all clean and unused on a spare lower rod in case I decide to hit the beach and want it for coverage.

I love my XLT with the Royal 800 8" coil better because it balances well and gets virtually all the performance of the 950.

I love my XLT with 5.3 BullsEye coil the best because that 6" diameter coil works in and around trash so well, balances nearly perfect, and with the increased Pre-Amp Gain settings, when I can, allows for a much slower sweep speed to work in and around and through trash, brush and building rubble.

I also like my other 5.3 BullsEye coil the best on a modified IDX Pro because that model is a dedicated slow-motion, quick-response killer in dense iron trash, fun for slow quick work in tot-lots, and the IDX Pro is a perfect compliment to the XLT.

My #1 detecting buddy, Aundrea, likes the Royal 800 on her XLT and 5.3 BullsEye on her Classic ID.

My #5 detecting buddy, Chris (#1's spouse and he's moving up my list into the 'girls' ranking now) prefers a thinner coil and like the Royal 800 on his IDX Pro.

Five other good detecting friends with XLT's and/or Classic ID's and IDX Pro's all favor only the 8" or 6" coils on them, especially the 6". Like me, their 950's are kept on a spare lower rod in case the urge is there to use it, or, like I also do, my 950 is here on the corner of my computer table as a decorative 'paper weight.' :rofl:

I hope you have some good weather in the coming months and don't get snowed in or rained on a lot. That way you can work that XLT and 5.3 BullsEye coil a lot to get to know it/them better.

Monte

PS: A natural tip-of-the-hat to the fine folks down the road from me at White's. The best quality and service in the industry. Thanks, Mary!

Thanks Monte!

Yes, I agree with you about the folks at the Sweet Home location, they are the BEST!

I'm so pleased with this 5.3 coil. I do feel prepared for any type of ground I encounter now.
I'm hoping to get to use the 5.3 at an old store location soon. The store dates back to the mid 1800's. As far as I can find out, it's never been detected. I'm sure there will be an entire history of the bottle cap & pull tabs in the ground there, but that makes it even more challenging.
Getting a couple days of rain now, the kind you just can't get out in and still call it fun.
I will post my results when I get to detect it.
HH

MINELAB E-TRAC
Sun Ray X-1 target probe

WHITES SPECTRUM XLT

GARRETT PRO pointer

Happy Hunting

Whites has the best service on the planet!N/T
Posted by: Ray(Ca)
Date: December 02, 2011 10:15PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Hunting for deep "Silver" is my passion.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login